Honored Contributor

Re: WHO'S READY FOR SOME SKINN???

I found the hand cream w/SPF duo tempting, but I have a tube of the regular hand cream and it takes me so long to use one up that I can't justify buying more right now. A few months from now I may be ready to buy some. 

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Hmmm, I don't understand why my post was removed.  I didn't have any links in my comment.  

Anyway, I said I really don't need anything skincare wise, and don't use the Enlighten Radiance products, but I am interested in the new volumizing haircare kit (hope it will be a TTV price) and the SPF Hand Restore as well (but I have several of the regulars to use up first).  

@JeanLouiseFinch do you not use the Enlighten Radiance products because you've tried and do not care for them or you just don't need what these products yield?  I never tried them before and I'm hoping they're not 'too luminescent' if you know what I mean.  The eye serum intrigued me though.  Your opinions would be appreciated as I respect all your reviews and input on these boards in the past.  Thank you in advance!

Honored Contributor

Why I hate the USPS. My shampoo kit was delivered there on FRIDAY. I won't receive it until tomorrow. TUESDAY. What are they doing? Washing their hair with it???

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fitfuninformed wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

Hmmm, I don't understand why my post was removed.  I didn't have any links in my comment.  

Anyway, I said I really don't need anything skincare wise, and don't use the Enlighten Radiance products, but I am interested in the new volumizing haircare kit (hope it will be a TTV price) and the SPF Hand Restore as well (but I have several of the regulars to use up first).  

@JeanLouiseFinch do you not use the Enlighten Radiance products because you've tried and do not care for them or you just don't need what these products yield?  I never tried them before and I'm hoping they're not 'too luminescent' if you know what I mean.  The eye serum intrigued me though.  Your opinions would be appreciated as I respect all your reviews and input on these boards in the past.  Thank you in advance!

@fitfuninformed - thank you for that vote of confidence.  I did use the ER serum for a time, as my vitamin C serum, but switched to the Isomers Glutathiosome serum. I also tried the ER spot treatment but didn't really notice much improvement.  I have not tried the moisturizer for a couple of reasons; 1) like you, I was concerned about too much luminesence, and 2) I prefer a lotion or lightweight gel-cream type consistency in the AM, (I use DWP Creme Reverse at night).  Since the eye cream is new, I don't have any comment about that.  My routines have been changing a bit over the last couple of months as I've been re-evaluating a few things.  I still like some SKINN products, but I'm also using items from other brands.  For the most part, I'm using SKINN at night.  Part of my AM routine includes using Isomers Glutathiosome Serum and two serums from Elysee.   I've also gone back to using crushed pearl powder for brightening, but only topically.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the hair TTV kit.  I tried a sample of Skinn's former shampoo and thought it was jist okay, not really moisturizing enough.  I use WEN but am looking for something a little less voluminous to take with me when I travel.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

I ordered the hair TTV kit.  I tried a sample of Skinn's former shampoo and thought it was jist okay, not really moisturizing enough.  I use WEN but am looking for something a little less voluminous to take with me when I travel.  😊

I didn't see any of the presentations.  Was it a different shampoo formula??  When I tried the sample previously I didn't think it moisturizing enough either.

Trusted Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

I didn't see any of the presentations.  Was it a different shampoo formula??  When I tried the sample previously I didn't think it moisturizing enough either.

I only caught one presentation.  It is different in that this one is labeled as volumizing and I know the scent is different, too. Of course the samples didn't come with the cuticle sealer which is included in this kit and I'm hoping that makes a difference. Mine is supposed to be delivered Wednesday, so I can let you know Thursday.  I know volumizing often equates with drying, but Dimitri said this one isn't drying.  I need to go back and watch the video.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch  Who makes the crushed pearl powder? I sure could use some brightening.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch  Who makes the crushed pearl powder? I sure could use some brightening.

@Judaline Besides brightening, pearl powder does a lot more (lightens dark spots, skin clarity, clears up acne, calms rosacea, and more).  I just buy it as a single ingredient on Amazon (seawater pearl powder) for about $10, for a 200 gram pouch - lasts a long time.  Then I use one of those tiny cosmetic spoons and add a scoop to something else I'm putting on my face, usually a serum, but you can also add to your moisturizer if you prefer.  You can also use it dry with a makeup brush, as a finishing powder or nighttime treatment powder, or make it into a mask.  It's really up to the user, how they want to incorporate it.  There are many benefits to pearl powder - some realized via ingesting it and others topically.  Some people even brush their teeth with it!  I'm sure you're capable of doing your own research so when you go to your search engine, just type in "pearl powder" or "pearl powder for skin care" and you'll have some reading to keep you busy this morning.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch   Uh-oh, I think I goofed. Amazon was "not available" so I found it on ebay and in my haste I didn't read that it was coming from Hong Kong! Do you think it's safe? It's in a sealed foil type envelope but I'm worried about ingredients? I can toss it, it was only six dollars but what do you think?