Trusted Contributor

Re: WHO'S READY FOR SOME SKINN??? JULY 17 VISIT

@Gokat wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

I'm wondering if this is something that Evine management has suggested they do or are they just following Dimitri's lead? 

IMO, @sueinsf,  you've hit the nail on the head, and I've felt this for a long time.  If you pay attention, these "sales management types" at the shopping channels tend to ruin hosts over time.  I don't know where they get the idea that faster, louder, more ridiculous is better, but that seems to be the pattern...and it's not just at Evine.  Where these sales/marketing types come from I have no idea, but they'd fail miserably on the street.Smiley Happy 

I think you nailed it on the head,@Gokat! Ever since the Evine conversion/takeover, there seems to be a harder sell, less relaxed and definitely sounding more aggressive ,almost desperate...maybe the new execs think they need to improve their lot ,so to speak...but before this visit, they(Evine) tried to gouge us with higher shipping, less OTO's, meh TTV pricing,etc and their sales definitely showed it!!! We spoke through our purchasing power and glad to see for this anniversary visit, they have the 2.99 shipping, the great pricing, the OTO's we had yesterday and his best TTV's since Dec!

Valued Contributor

Shout out to D shouting out to us youngin's! YES we do know about skincare and definitely take everything you say to heart!

Here's to hoping that my face looks like your left hand in 30 years! Cat LOLTehehe!Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@sueinsf wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

@Tique wrote:

TTV order placed.

Here we go with the "get 6 or 7" again. Dimitri said earlier today that he doesn't say that all the time. Yes. He does. Maybe he doesn't realize it.

I know it's redundant, @Tique, but I do believe it's in his blood after all these years.  For the products and pricing he brings us, I can forgive this minor flaw. (and tune it out) Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Gokat it generally doesn't bother me either. I was just reacting to having heard him say earlier today that he generally doesn't tell us this.

Back to our regularly scheduled programmimg...

It's just way too salesy to hear them keep saying to buy 6 or 7 kits. It's also ridiculous to make people believe they need all that.  Most of these products last way longer than 2 months.  I would respect them far more if they suggested people buy 2 or at most 3.

Since I've now heard multiple hosts also suggest it (and say how the "value" of the TTVs would be $1000/$1700 -- equally ridiculous) I'm wondering if this is something that Evine management has suggested they do or are they just following Dimitri's lead? 

I would bet money I don't have that the buy 6 suggestion started with Evine, not Dimitri. 

I might be wrong but I seem to recall hosts pushing buying multiples on previous visits & Dimitri was hesitant about it. And he often mentioned getting what one can afford, what to get if you have a limited budget, etc. It seems like he was talked to & he is now completely into suggesting "buy 6." But I don't buy that he is pushing that because it is his idea. Not for a second. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

How does the new dermappeal compare to the old one? The old version is really harsh. Is the new one less so? I see it is in a jar in the ttv. That's too bad. Jars are messy.  Smiley Sad

Frequent Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@sueinsf wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@Gokat wrote:

@Tique wrote:

TTV order placed.

Here we go with the "get 6 or 7" again. Dimitri said earlier today that he doesn't say that all the time. Yes. He does. Maybe he doesn't realize it.

I know it's redundant, @Tique, but I do believe it's in his blood after all these years.  For the products and pricing he brings us, I can forgive this minor flaw. (and tune it out) Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

@Gokat it generally doesn't bother me either. I was just reacting to having heard him say earlier today that he generally doesn't tell us this.

Back to our regularly scheduled programmimg...

It's just way too salesy to hear them keep saying to buy 6 or 7 kits. It's also ridiculous to make people believe they need all that.  Most of these products last way longer than 2 months.  I would respect them far more if they suggested people buy 2 or at most 3.

Since I've now heard multiple hosts also suggest it (and say how the "value" of the TTVs would be $1000/$1700 -- equally ridiculous) I'm wondering if this is something that Evine management has suggested they do or are they just following Dimitri's lead? 

I would bet money I don't have that the buy 6 suggestion started with Evine, not Dimitri. 

I might be wrong but I seem to recall hosts pushing buying multiples on previous visits & Dimitri was hesitant about it. And he often mentioned getting what one can afford, what to get if you have a limited budget, etc. It seems like he was talked to & he is now completely into suggesting "buy 6." But I don't buy that he is pushing that because it is his idea. Not for a second. 

I agree with you 100%.  D. started with the buy 6 or more about a year ago the hosts were always stating that.  I do believe EVINE suggested that he also do it.

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

How does the new dermappeal compare to the old one? The old version is really harsh. Is the new one less so? I see it is in a jar in the ttv. That's too bad. Jars are messy.  Smiley Sad

I can't compare a new to old, I've only been using it the last 6 months +/-.  Honestly, I don't remember there being a new formula, I thought it was just a new packaging choice.  The DermAppeal in the TTV is 4 ounces.  I guess Dimitri thought a jar was better for that amount.  I still have a couple in jars and I don't find it that inconvenient.

Trusted Contributor

The only thing I'm kind of interested in appears to be the only product NOT on value pay. Odd.  310-488. Is this some sort of special coming up?

Honored Contributor

Did everyone fall asleep? WAKE UP!!!

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Regular Contributor

You girls are sure forgiving when it comes to Dimitri! It's always Evine's fault, LOL. He does own his company and he IS a salesman who not only wants to help women look their best but to make money too. I believe he has more control over the situation than you give him credit for. Yes, I love his products and I purchased way too much stuff this weekend Smiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ElvisShops wrote:

The only thing I'm kind of interested in appears to be the only product NOT on value pay. Odd.  310-488. Is this some sort of special coming up?

New kits/configurations are being added as the sellouts are adding up  @ElvisShops, so stay tuned. This one looks like it could be a future OTO.   It'll definitely come down in price, and have the VP's and S&H reduced. Smiley Happy 

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?