Honored Contributor

WHITE OR GOLD JEWELRY W/ GREY HAIR

I never wore too much yellow gold jewelry, but when my hair became white, I really noticed that white metals or two-tone looked better.

Grey haired Ladies, which do you prefer?

Respected Contributor

Re: WHITE OR GOLD JEWELRY W/ GREY HAIR

I have very fair skin so have always worn silver.  Now that my hair has grey streaked in the silver looks better, but I still do wear gold, but carefully.  It does add a richness to what can become a very faded cold look as we get older.

Honored Contributor

I still color my roots but I prefer white gold. My wedding ring is two toned. My jewelry is ready when I decide to let my roots grow out.

Honored Contributor

I wear both and rose too.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  My hair is blonde, but that does not influence my jewelry choices.  I do like both silver and gold.  I find that in the winter when I'm pale, the silver shows up better on my skin, but everything I wear has colored gems on it (my passion), so I'm more interested in the colors of the stones when I get dressed.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

@Shanus  My hair is blonde, but that does not influence my jewelry choices.  I do like both silver and gold.  I find that in the winter when I'm pale, the silver shows up better on my skin, but everything I wear has colored gems on it (my passion), so I'm more interested in the colors of the stones when I get dressed.

@2blonde  I’m a rare bird who does not prefer colored stones except turquoise. I do like silver, white gold and platinum with my white hair. 

I’m very fair all year, so the hair color change resulted in makeup adjustments.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Well, my hair color hasn't changed in the last 50 years, but I definitely HAVE had to make many "makeup adjustments" during that time!  Cat Wink

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I never really paid attention to jewelry color with hair color.  I'm 60 and still coloring my hair.  Maybe when I let myself go grey I'll see things differently.  Fortunately, my skintone is neutral so I can wear both cool and warm colors.  With cool colors, I prefer silver.  With warm, I prefer gold.  When I wear black, I can go either way, depending on what other color I'm wearing with it.  

Honored Contributor

When my mom went gray she wore both. I always told her that the gold was a real pop against her silver hair. With gray hair silver jewelry is expected because it blends but I like rose or yellow gold especially if a woman is wearing warm tone clothing. 

Respected Contributor

I've always worn mostly white gold or silver no matter what color my hair was.  I sometimes wear yellow or rose gold if my outfit calls for it. My wedding ring is white gold, and that stays constant, but the rest of it just depends.