Honored Contributor

Re: WHILE "DOWN" FOR THE DAY, ANY BEAUTY QUESTIONS?

@Shanus 

SO very sorry.  Luckily, I didn't have an issue with either shot.

I'll think of you today.  I'll be in Biltmore Village with a Guild artist.

If you have netflix, you could watch some of their big mini dramas.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Xivambala   If it seems like it's too oily, you can use the same tiny brush and a bit of setting powder to go over it. If the spot is in the brow itself, haave you tried a brow powder in your brow shade instead of a pencil?

@Shanus  My brow color and the spot is a faily light brown. The spot is above, below and through the brow which is why I only wanted to cover/concel the area around the brow area.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus May I ask if you had any under arm pain after the Shingles Vaccine?  I had this with my booster for Covid and was wondering.  Also is this a vaccine that someone in their late 50's should get or wait until 60's??  

I plan on getting this one but was thinking of waiting until age 60....guess I am thinking I don't want it to "wear" off as both my Mom and Grandma got shingles at age 80 and it was terrible.

Thank you so much and I hope you feel better by tomorrow!

Honored Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@Shanus May I ask if you had any under arm pain after the Shingles Vaccine?  I had this with my booster for Covid and was wondering.  Also is this a vaccine that someone in their late 50's should get or wait until 60's??  

I plan on getting this one but was thinking of waiting until age 60....guess I am thinking I don't want it to "wear" off as both my Mom and Grandma got shingles at age 80 and it was terrible.

Thank you so much and I hope you feel better by tomorrow!

@tsavorite   My doc's recommendation was 65-70+. I put both vaccines off until this year since I was spacing them out with 2 covid vaccines and my booster.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for all the well wishes. The last one's effects only lasted a few days...Up and about by Monday.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

My shingles shots were seperated by covid and those shots.  Luckily, I didn't have to redo shingles 1!

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Thank you....that is exactly what I am thinking to do....65 so I have some time to wait and hopefully all the covid and booster shots will be perhaps in the rear view mirror.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tsavorite   Sorry, missed this question. No, I have not experienced under arm pain...I guess you could feel some reaction to the shot in your lymph glands.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus   my mom was wiped out last week after her 2nd Shingles shot .  i don't want to get them, my doctor has been nagging about it.

Hope you feel better!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

It's morning here...enjoying my coffee.  I can't think of any questions at the moment, but do want to thank you for sharing your beauty advice, tips & tricks, especially for those of us over 50.  I've been wearing make-up for a long time & still love reading beauty advice from the experts.  One thing I have learned is as we age, less is more.  No way would I wear my eye make-up today, the same way I wore it in my 20's.  Dear Gussie, that would be a sight!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.