Respected Contributor

Re: WHICH MICROFIBER FACE CLOTHS ARE BEST??

The ones on Amazon say, no tumble dry, and no bleach. Is that the case with all microfiber face cloths? Thanks again everyone!
Honored Contributor

@Dazlin 

Don't use bleach, fabric softeners or dry on high heat. Launder mf with other mf items only or with things that don't produce lint (that can be difficult). So I launder all of my mf items at once in hot water with 'clear and free' liquid detergent, use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer liquid (no bleach) and dry on lowest heat setting...do not over dry, take them out as soon as they are dry.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin 

Don't use bleach, fabric softeners or dry on high heat. Launder mf with other mf items only or with things that don't produce lint (that can be difficult). So I launder all of my mf items at once in hot water with 'clear and free' liquid detergent, use Lysol Laundry Sanitizer liquid (no bleach) and dry on lowest heat setting...do not over dry, take them out as soon as they are dry.

@SilleeMeeYour answer about no bleach made me wonder if Vinegar is okay for microfiber and would it be effective?  I want my face cloths really clean.

@DazlinThank you for your post.  I am learning along with you.

Honored Contributor

@ItsME wrote:

Related, but not exfoliating.....   for cleansing, I love m

MakeUp Erasers.   I use them damp for removing makeup, or use a light facial soap and remove that with the eraser.   I have several, and They last forever 

@ItsME 

Where have I been?

Eraser

Why didn't I know about these?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@shy bobcat wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin 

@SilleeMeeYour answer about no bleach made me wonder if Vinegar is okay for microfiber and would it be effective?  I want my face cloths really clean.

@DazlinThank you for your post.  I am learning along with you.

@shy bobcat 

Yes you can use regular vinegar, not the 'cleaning vinegar' because that is too acidic and can eat away at the fibers over time. Vinegar will also help remove any waxy or greasy build-up where the detergent left behind. Just so you know, vinegar is not an effective disinfectant. It will not kill some of the dangerous kinds of bacteria, for example staph. Vinegar is not, and has never been, an EPA registered disinfectant. 

Honored Contributor

Silleeme's post sort of confirms my opinion that those regular car washing microfiber towels are just as good.  Of course the Campanelli's are more "luxurious."  Somehow I have the feeling plain water is just not good enough.  Since I've found that on windows (I use microfiber with window cleaner, not water, it just failed miserably.) I figured I needed some sort of cleanser on my face.  (I use mostly baby wipes but that is besides the point of this discussion)  Whatever makes you comfortable is the best routine to use or it will cause minor anxiety.  

Valued Contributor

NORWEX microfiber towels have silver threads weaved into them that prohibit bacteria growth. I love them.  More expensive, but worth it!

They remove all my make up, including waterproof mascara.

I soak my microfiber cloths (Norwex and others) in BIZ non-chlorine bleach overnight. BIZ is a bio enzyme cleaner that gets in and removes the gunk and smells. 

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Silleeme's post sort of confirms my opinion that those regular car washing microfiber towels are just as good.  Of course the Campanelli's are more "luxurious."  Somehow I have the feeling plain water is just not good enough.  Since I've found that on windows (I use microfiber with window cleaner, not water, it just failed miserably.) I figured I needed some sort of cleanser on my face.  (I use mostly baby wipes but that is besides the point of this discussion)  Whatever makes you comfortable is the best routine to use or it will cause minor anxiety.  

Usually mf cloths that have a velvety soft texture means that the fibers have been what is termed 'brushed' which is a type of treatment to the fibers to make them feel soft but what it actually does is make them less effective at cleaning. Velvety mf might absorb liquids just fine but that kind of velvet treatment also makes them less effective at holding on to particles so then those particles just get pushed around on whatever surface you're cleaning. Looped or terry mf cloths are much better at cleaning stuff, especially something smooth like your face. You just need to find ones soft enough for your face and that's usually ones that have a bit of brushed fiber, not much, and texture.

Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

@ItsME wrote:

Related, but not exfoliating.....   for cleansing, I love m

MakeUp Erasers.   I use them damp for removing makeup, or use a light facial soap and remove that with the eraser.   I have several, and They last forever 

@ItsME 

Where have I been?

Eraser

Why didn't I know about these?

OMGoodness that is just so darn CUTE LOL!  I get taken in buy the pretty colors and this one with avocados and pink has my name all over it LOL!!

But I want to look up the other suggestions posted here too.  As I have several sets of the Campanelli's and they last for awhile but then I don't find them so great after 1yr. 

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Dazlin 

Microfiber is an engineered material where particles, oil and grease are trapped and held inside microscopic 'fingers' in the cloth.  Cotton can only absorb a certain amount and cannot hang on to particles, or whatever, as mf can. Because mf cloths hang on to oils and particles like best of friends, they need to be laundered in very warm or hot water using 'free-and-clear' type liquid detergent....no powders or dyes. 

I buy mf cloths in a box of 50-count. They are white and thin...like a regular cotton face cloth...and they are soft yet have a terry-like texture so they really cleanse and gently exfoliate nicely. I get them from MicrofiberWholesale dot com...search 'wipes'. $18 for a box of 50, always free shipping and no minimum. I found out about these cloths from their CS rep who told me their employees use them for makeup removal. 

ETA- I have used those Campanelli face cloths before and I thought they were too soft to do any exfoliating. They were also a bit too thick for my taste. I like my face cloths to be on the thinner side.

@SilleeMee  I put wipes in the search bar....MWipes Reuseable Microfiber Wipes comes up.  Is this what you use?