Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHICH HALF OF YOUR FACE LOOKS

[ Edited ]

@Catiele wrote:

I don't have a better half but my neck isn't bad. As my father would say "what do I expect? He was 95 at the time. My mother had really nice skin. People would always remark about it. She said stay out of the sun but I loved the beach.

@Catiele   My mother also had really nice skin, but she had sagging, too, and she hated it.  She never went in the sun.  I have always loved the sun and still go in it, but I always have on SPF.  Go figure......

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

My once tight jawline isn't what it used to be. My eyes...no crows feet but I notice a distinctive hollowing out underneath that can make me look tired at times. No forehead wrinkles or 11's so my oily completion did turn out to be a blessing. If I had good health and wasn't on blood thinners I would have Kybella for my jawline. My friend had it and looks amazing...

@Trinity11  Is that for turkey neck or does it tighten the jawline.  That would be great!  Is it permanent?

Respected Contributor

@Catiele wrote:

I don't have a better half but my neck isn't bad. As my father would say "what do I expect? He was 95 at the time. My mother had really nice skin. People would always remark about it. She said stay out of the sun but I loved the beach.

That's me. I stayed out of the sun my whole life. People picked on me for being "pale," but it's paying off at this phase of my life. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Funny conversations!   The older half would be my lower half since my forehead will probably never wrinkle. My dad is 95 and he has no wrinkles on his forehead either. We both have oily skin. When I wake up in the mornings, oil is dripping from my forehead - and it's been that way since I was a teenager. I cursed my oily skin when I was young. Now I looove it!

Except, one big drawback of super oily skin is as you get older, the pores on your cheeks grow to cavern proportions.  Someone could fall into a pore next to my nose and never be seen or heard from again.

@tototwo  You are too funny!  Yea, the pore thing is a problem that I don't think there is an answer for.  I remember Dr. Denese saying that if you used her pads, they would clean out the pores and it would make them look smaller.  Maybe, maybe not???

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

My once tight jawline isn't what it used to be. My eyes...no crows feet but I notice a distinctive hollowing out underneath that can make me look tired at times. No forehead wrinkles or 11's so my oily completion did turn out to be a blessing. If I had good health and wasn't on blood thinners I would have Kybella for my jawline. My friend had it and looks amazing...

@Trinity11  Is that for turkey neck or does it tighten the jawline.  That would be great!  Is it permanent?

@tends2dogs, it tightens the entire neckline. 

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Any idea how much something like that costs?

@PurpleBunny I think about $5 to 6 thousand...three treatments.

Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Funny conversations!   The older half would be my lower half since my forehead will probably never wrinkle. My dad is 95 and he has no wrinkles on his forehead either. We both have oily skin. When I wake up in the mornings, oil is dripping from my forehead - and it's been that way since I was a teenager. I cursed my oily skin when I was young. Now I looove it!

Except, one big drawback of super oily skin is as you get older, the pores on your cheeks grow to cavern proportions.  Someone could fall into a pore next to my nose and never be seen or heard from again.

@tototwo, I have the same cavernous size pore problem. I think that's where Jimmy Hoffa has been hiding out all these years. Ha!!!

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@2blonde  Thanks so much for taking the time to post your makeup regime.  The Mally eyeshadow primer sounds interesting.  I wonder if it will work for darkness rather than redness.  I just received the Liz Pearl concealer and frankly, at $50, I am hoping I don't really like it LOL.  You do get quite a bit so it would most likely last a good long time.  I use Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, too.  Her brushes are the best.  Well, I am glad you worked out a beauty routine for yourself.  I guess when you wear make up, you just kind of figure it out.  I try different things, but usually go back to the old standbys.

Thanks again for your tips!

@tends2dogs  Yes, the Mally Eye shadow primer will cover darkness as well as redness........mine are actually kind of a dark red anyway.  I also have dark blue veins showing in the corners by my nose, and it covers that too.  When I'm doing those areas, I like to use the other end of the brush for a more concentrated application (the little pointed/angled brush).  I used to buy her primer right here at QVC, but when they stopped carrying it, I was desperate.  I found her own website and purchased it there.  They have free shipping on $50+, so I ordered 3 of them at $18 each for $54.  One pan lasts me for several months, so I'm now stocked!

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde  Thanks for all the info.  I will remember this if the Eve Pearl doesn't work out for me.  I appreciate you taking the time to post.  Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Super Contributor