Honored Contributor

Re: WHICH HALF OF YOUR FACE LOOKS

@tends2dogs wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have no idea and won't examine my face for that. For me, that's not a healthy or productive thing to do. YMMV.

@suzyQ3  This thread was meant for fun.  I really don't think one has to "examine" their face to see where aging is taking place.  Looking in the mirrow each day is enough to see what is going on with the aging process. 

I also didn't understand the YMMV comment.  What does that mean?

Hi, @tends2dogs, yes, I didn't think that it was a super serious thread. But hey, I'm one who doesn't even believe in magnifying mirrors, so that should tell you my point of view. :-)

YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary.

HTH=Hope That Helps. Smiley LOL

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @suzyQ3!  BTW I love your Avatar!  JMHO LOL Smiley Surprised

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

SuzyQ, there is a reason our eyes dim with age....I look so much better when I don't wear my glasses-and then I put them on, and I see the flaws.....

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

My face is fine, my neck is the issue. 😳

@PurpleBunny  There's always turtlenecks !?!

Yup. I'm gonna turn into Diane Keaton!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

Well, I need badly to lose weight, but I know when I do, the face will be the first to sink.  At least a little fat in the face helpsWoman LOL I have had jowls a while so that's not new, but the lines from the "where did my lips go" to my jaw have become an interesting crisscross of lines.  I don't have forehead wrinkles, but I do have 11s. I think the upper half is better than lower.  In the meantime, I am religiously using  Retin-A to combat anything else disintegrating.  I DO have good hair (thank goodness for something!) .

Lol. I know what you mean about weight loss and your face. I look so much better chubbier!!!. I lost a lot of weight several years ago and it aged me. My Sister once told me that at a certain age, you have to choose your face or your butt!  

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@2blonde wrote:

At 68, I think it's all pretty equal.  I use good skin care, and have since I was young, but it is what it is.  As long as I don't smile, everything looks pretty good, but a smile brings out the eye crinkles.  Of course, if I don't smile, you'll see the little lines (where my lips used to be).

I've never smoked either, but I still look better than my mom did at 48 (when she passed).  Thank heaven I was born with art talent.  I can paint on a face like you wouldn't believe, and no one believes me when I tell them what it's really like underneath!  My biggest problem is the dark red all around my eyes (I'm very thin-skinned).  I have to cover all that before I can start building a face.......I'm like one of those before and after pictures you see of the famous people!  Cat Tongue

@2blonde  You have intrigued me to know what some of your secrets are......can you share at least one good make up tip??? 

As far as the smiling, my face looks MUCH better when I do.  It tends to pull the bottom half up a bit LOL plus a smile is always better anyway.....

@tends2dogs  My tip for covering the extreme redness around my eyes is Mally's Eyeshadow primer.  I've tried so many other things, and nothing else will cover it easily and without a lot of thickness (when you have wrinkling, you have to be careful with thick cover ups.....they look great until you make an expression!).  It comes in a pan, and I use a half inch size brush (Laura Geller's double ended) to apply it.  I pat it in with my fingers after that.  I do this before applying anything else to my face.  I then use one of my pressed powder makeups over my whole face (Laura Geller Balance and Brighten or Mally Celebration Illumination).  I use Rapidlash every night, which keeps my lashes really long, but they are very thin.  A couple coats of mascara is needed, and liner and shadow.  I have to add the brows too, but I just use a medium brown automatic eyeliner for that (Mally).  I basically have no face without makeup!  I use Maybelline 24-hour lipstick with a lip liner, which makes me look like I still have lips (I don't), and it stays on all day, which I love!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I don't have a better half but my neck isn't bad. As my father would say "what do I expect? He was 95 at the time. My mother had really nice skin. People would always remark about it. She said stay out of the sun but I loved the beach.

Honored Contributor

My once tight jawline isn't what it used to be. My eyes...no crows feet but I notice a distinctive hollowing out underneath that can make me look tired at times. No forehead wrinkles or 11's so my oily completion did turn out to be a blessing. If I had good health and wasn't on blood thinners I would have Kybella for my jawline. My friend had it and looks amazing...

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

My once tight jawline isn't what it used to be. My eyes...no crows feet but I notice a distinctive hollowing out underneath that can make me look tired at times. No forehead wrinkles or 11's so my oily completion did turn out to be a blessing. If I had good health and wasn't on blood thinners I would have Kybella for my jawline. My friend had it and looks amazing...

Any idea how much something like that costs?

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde  Thanks so much for taking the time to post your makeup regime.  The Mally eyeshadow primer sounds interesting.  I wonder if it will work for darkness rather than redness.  I just received the Liz Pearl concealer and frankly, at $50, I am hoping I don't really like it LOL.  You do get quite a bit so it would most likely last a good long time.  I use Laura Geller Balance and Brighten, too.  Her brushes are the best.  Well, I am glad you worked out a beauty routine for yourself.  I guess when you wear make up, you just kind of figure it out.  I try different things, but usually go back to the old standbys.

Thanks again for your tips!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!