Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHICH HALF OF YOUR FACE LOOKS

@Carmie wrote:

The left side of my face due to some sun damage while driving in the car.  The right side and the rest of my face is smooth and wrinkle free.  When I look in my 10x mirror, I can see a difference in my skin on the left side only.

This is a fairly common problem, especially with very fair skin like mine.

@Carmie  Oh, the dreaded magnifying mirror, but I couldn't get by without it!  I don't know your age, but it sounds like you have got a good handle on the aging process!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

My face is fine, my neck is the issue. 😳

@PurpleBunny  There's always turtlenecks !?!

Esteemed Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

At 68, I think it's all pretty equal.  I use good skin care, and have since I was young, but it is what it is.  As long as I don't smile, everything looks pretty good, but a smile brings out the eye crinkles.  Of course, if I don't smile, you'll see the little lines (where my lips used to be).

I've never smoked either, but I still look better than my mom did at 48 (when she passed).  Thank heaven I was born with art talent.  I can paint on a face like you wouldn't believe, and no one believes me when I tell them what it's really like underneath!  My biggest problem is the dark red all around my eyes (I'm very thin-skinned).  I have to cover all that before I can start building a face.......I'm like one of those before and after pictures you see of the famous people!  Cat Tongue

@2blonde  You have intrigued me to know what some of your secrets are......can you share at least one good make up tip??? 

As far as the smiling, my face looks MUCH better when I do.  It tends to pull the bottom half up a bit LOL plus a smile is always better anyway.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I could sit here and point out all of my flaws (turkey neck, etc) but I won't.

I get compliments that I don't look like I'm 70 years old.  I say, "Heredity and smoke and mirrors" (and I really feel that way).

The way I look at it, at 70 years old (and I'm not doing plastic surgery) I'm pretty much stuck with whatever I can't paint over with makeup.

@Annabellethecat66  I love your attitude and I guess, it is pretty much the same as mine.  You work with what God gave you.  Once I "get my face on" I walk away and forget about it.  I never carry make up with me......it is what it is!

Esteemed Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I have no idea and won't examine my face for that. For me, that's not a healthy or productive thing to do. YMMV.

@suzyQ3  This thread was meant for fun.  I really don't think one has to "examine" their face to see where aging is taking place.  Looking in the mirrow each day is enough to see what is going on with the aging process. 

I also didn't understand the YMMV comment.  What does that mean?

Honored Contributor

I've always taken care of my skin so that looks really good for 66, but gravity has taken it's toll.I do have a young looking forehead though.LOL

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs Yes!  The only 'make-up' I carry is way too much lipstick...that's it.  I like lipstick.  If I am feeling kinda' 

floozy I'll put on a red color, but then I need to follow that with a slippery color!  Ha!  That means it NEVER stays on.

Even the lipstick, I only put it on maybe 2 to 3 times in a whole day.  These lips have been on my face for OVER 70 years, they sometimes feel like 2 freaking prunes sitting on my face..."lather up those puppies", I say!  Ha!

Take care @tends2dogs if you're like me, you have too many other things to think about other than how much I like (or dislike) my face!  Ha!

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

I've always taken care of my skin so that looks really good for 66, but gravity has taken it's toll.I do have a young looking forehead though.LOL

@blackhole99  Reading through many of these posts, I see that we are all in the same club, so to speak LOL.  We take care of our skin, but gravity is going to get you everytime.  I suppose if we could hang upside down during the night it may have helped, but that isn't going to happen!

Honored Contributor

Entire face looks pretty good.  No problem areas.  Women in my family have aged fairly well.  

Esteemed Contributor

Funny conversations!   The older half would be my lower half since my forehead will probably never wrinkle. My dad is 95 and he has no wrinkles on his forehead either. We both have oily skin. When I wake up in the mornings, oil is dripping from my forehead - and it's been that way since I was a teenager. I cursed my oily skin when I was young. Now I looove it!

Except, one big drawback of super oily skin is as you get older, the pores on your cheeks grow to cavern proportions.  Someone could fall into a pore next to my nose and never be seen or heard from again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt