Valued Contributor

Re: WHICH HALF OF YOUR FACE LOOKS

My glasses pretty well cover the eye area, so that doesn't look so bad.  But the bottom half - not so good!

The worst are those puppet lines at the mouth - no amount of makeup could cover them.

Remember Genie in a Bottle?  I wonder if that would help?

Respected Contributor

Had great skin until very recently when I turned 65. The bottom is worse, neck, beginning of jowls, lip lines.

Eye glasses hide eye area pretty well.

As other poster said it will be make up for me- nothing else 

too many health issues.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pupwhipped wrote:

@tends2dogs, oh dear, that's a tough call here cause it's all gone to heck in a hand basket! But I think I'll have to go with the bottom part of my face. I've been sporting a real Howdy Doody look now for years...and it's getting "Doodier" by the day. YIKES!!!

Image result for howdy doody

Oh,  @pupwhipped, this is so funny because whenever I have looked in the mirror for the past few years, I have seen Charlie McCarthy!  I guess it is from all the dog saliva kisses over the last 35 years, or the sun exposure (oh my) , or all the hard laughing from happy times in my life, or the stress from sad losses, who knows???  My face is a true portrait of my life, which I have to say has been GREAT!  I always tell my DH that my wrinkles and lines are the souveniers of the good times we have had.  This isn't to say that I would say "no" to the needle down the road.  I'll bet I am "Doodier" than you are HA!

Have a great night!

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@coco14 wrote:

My glasses pretty well cover the eye area, so that doesn't look so bad.  But the bottom half - not so good!

The worst are those puppet lines at the mouth - no amount of makeup could cover them.

Remember Genie in a Bottle?  I wonder if that would help?

@coco14  Probably if you don't smile LOL !!

Respected Contributor

My face is fine, my neck is the issue. 😳

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

The left side of my face due to some sun damage while driving in the car.  The right side and the rest of my face is smooth and wrinkle free.  When I look in my 10x mirror, I can see a difference in my skin on the left side only.

This is a fairly common problem, especially with very fair skin like mine.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Well, I need badly to lose weight, but I know when I do, the face will be the first to sink.  At least a little fat in the face helpsWoman LOL I have had jowls a while so that's not new, but the lines from the "where did my lips go" to my jaw have become an interesting crisscross of lines.  I don't have forehead wrinkles, but I do have 11s. I think the upper half is better than lower.  In the meantime, I am religiously using  Retin-A to combat anything else disintegrating.  I DO have good hair (thank goodness for something!) .

Respected Contributor

Tends2dogs, great thread! My problem is primarily my forehead. My eyes were getting droopy-lids and under eye area, but I used the Tria for Eyes and Nuface.   I now have hollows under my eyes, but following Eve Pearls book, that is a simple fix.  Where to put concealer, subtle highlighter and blush made a difference.

My neck is not as tight as it used to be, but I lost 80 lbs. The NuFace is absolutely helping that: I use Oz Naturals Glycolic, PTR Retinol-amazing- and Gold Bond Neck Cream-which I am delighted with.  I've spent big bucks on neck creams that did nothing: this is relatively inexpensive. It's not an instant fix, but combined with the NuFace, I'm happy.

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Tends2dogs, great thread! My problem is primarily my forehead. My eyes were getting droopy-lids and under eye area, but I used the Tria for Eyes and Nuface.   I now have hollows under my eyes, but following Eve Pearls book, that is a simple fix.  Where to put concealer, subtle highlighter and blush made a difference.

My neck is not as tight as it used to be, but I lost 80 lbs. The NuFace is absolutely helping that: I use Oz Naturals Glycolic, PTR Retinol-amazing- and Gold Bond Neck Cream-which I am delighted with.  I've spent big bucks on neck creams that did nothing: this is relatively inexpensive. It's not an instant fix, but combined with the NuFace, I'm happy.

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2  It sounds like you have a good regimine and are seeing results.  I used the NuFace for over a year and didn't feel that I had a good result from it so I gave it up.  I gave it to my sister and she likes it......go figure Smiley Happy.  I am going to check out the Oz Naturals Glycolic.....I haven't heard of this line before.  I also use the Gold Bond neck cream for the same reasons and results as you.  I don't think anything is an instant fix (except for going under the knife or fillers) so I keep on the best I can LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

@chihuahuamom wrote:

Well, I need badly to lose weight, but I know when I do, the face will be the first to sink.  At least a little fat in the face helpsWoman LOL I have had jowls a while so that's not new, but the lines from the "where did my lips go" to my jaw have become an interesting crisscross of lines.  I don't have forehead wrinkles, but I do have 11s. I think the upper half is better than lower.  In the meantime, I am religiously using  Retin-A to combat anything else disintegrating.  I DO have good hair (thank goodness for something!) .

@chihuahuamom  Yes, thank goodness for good hair.  It does tend to draw away from some of the not so good stuff, doesn't it Smiley Happy ?  I do agree that carrying a little extra weight can help with facial fullness.  I don't, I guess, unfortunately.  I have the 11's, but wear bangs.  I have never worn lipstick except some sort of colorless balm because I didn't want to draw any attention to my mouth or lip area.  Thank goodness I have decent teeth. 

I hate to make this thread sound like I am so focused on my looks because, believe me, I am not.  Life is about so much more, but I thought it would be fun to pose this question here.