Esteemed Contributor

WHICH HALF OF YOUR FACE LOOKS

older?  The top half:  eyes, forehead, etc  OR  the bottom half: mouth, jowls, jawline, etc?  I ask because I have seen woman with a lot of crows feet and baggy eyes, but have a pretty firm jawline.  Then there are the ones with the opposite woes Smiley Happy.

For me, it is the lower half for sure.  I have a lot of sag, lip lines, (never smoked), and jowls.  I can usually make up my eyes to look fairly passable LOL, but what do you do about sag???

Which do you think is easier to camouflage with make up - the upper or lower face?

"Greater is the One living inside of me, than he who is living in the world."
Honored Contributor

Re: WHICH HALF OF YOUR FACE LOOKS

[ Edited ]

At 61 the part I least like is my mouth area. I have the starting of puppet lines( nose to mouth lines)....not a lot, but I see more than I use to... I think from bone loss in my jaw.  My neck is still really good.  My eyes are good, no lines, my forehead is good no lines.   All in all, I am happy with my skin. I plan to age naturally with good skin care. If I decide on fillers down the the road, so be it. Most likely not.

i am not sure about camouflaging my face. All I wear is a bit of concealer under my eyes. My skin is good, so I do not wear foundation. Just blush, lip, and under eye concealer. DONE! 

Honored Contributor

Looks equally the same all over except around the sides of my mouth. I look like I'm sad if I'm not smiling. I just turned 59 Mon. & can say I don't have many wrinkles or sagging yet. I'm thankful for the genes that run in the family. I have a few crows feet & some crepiness under my eyes & a deeper line above my lip for now. I think my face looks better since I started using Isomers R Pur.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz  I think equally the same would be great.  It sounds as if you were blessed with good genes.  Nice!

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden  It sounds like you have been blessed with good genes, along with Nightowlz.  My family are saggers LOL.

I am also relying on good skin care right now (63 years old) but I won't say never to fillers.  I just don't want to look like I have a moonface or weirdly puffy, if you know what I mean.  I would never have lip injections.  I have never had full lips and it would really look unnatural for me.

Respected Contributor

At 68, I think it's all pretty equal.  I use good skin care, and have since I was young, but it is what it is.  As long as I don't smile, everything looks pretty good, but a smile brings out the eye crinkles.  Of course, if I don't smile, you'll see the little lines (where my lips used to be).

I've never smoked either, but I still look better than my mom did at 48 (when she passed).  Thank heaven I was born with art talent.  I can paint on a face like you wouldn't believe, and no one believes me when I tell them what it's really like underneath!  My biggest problem is the dark red all around my eyes (I'm very thin-skinned).  I have to cover all that before I can start building a face.......I'm like one of those before and after pictures you see of the famous people!  Cat Tongue

Laura loves cats!
Super Contributor

Mine looks pretty evenly aged.

Happy Birthday Nightowlz!

Honored Contributor

I could sit here and point out all of my flaws (turkey neck, etc) but I won't.

I get compliments that I don't look like I'm 70 years old.  I say, "Heredity and smoke and mirrors" (and I really feel that way).

The way I look at it, at 70 years old (and I'm not doing plastic surgery) I'm pretty much stuck with whatever I can't paint over with makeup.

Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs, oh dear, that's a tough call here cause it's all gone to heck in a hand basket! But I think I'll have to go with the bottom part of my face. I've been sporting a real Howdy Doody look now for years...and it's getting "Doodier" by the day. YIKES!!!

Image result for howdy doody

Honored Contributor

I have no idea and won't examine my face for that. For me, that's not a healthy or productive thing to do. YMMV.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland