Reply
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,679
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Friday Night Beauty was 2 hrs. of makeup that turned into hours of expensive gadgets. People changed the channel. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Posts: 565
Registered: ‎11-12-2010

Yes, I don't buy beauty "toys". Because QVC doesn't have much in the way of beauty, I do my shopping at ULTA.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,748
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: WHERE’S THE BEAUTY?

[ Edited ]

I watched the Carmindy show hosted by Elise Ivy on Q2 tonight.  If the vendor said one more time, "the shades are universal and work on everyone," I thought I would scream.  No.  They do not.  She tried using everything in her kit on a darker skinned model, including pink blush and pink lipstick.  Left that beautiful model looking like a circus clown, while saying "Isn't she gorgeous?!" UGH.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,679
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I watched the Carmindy show hosted by Elise Ivy on Q2 tonight.  If the vendor said one more time, "the shades are universal and work on everyone," I thought I would scream.  No.  They do not.  She tried using everything in her kit on a darker skinned model, including pink blush and pink lipstick.  Left that beautiful model looking like a circus clown, while saying "Isn't she gorgeous?!" UGH.







@Caaareful Shopper   I sympathize. Very few cosmetics are universal except maybe mascara. I even use 2 shades on darker skin tones which can be difficult to match w/ only one. 
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,467
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

I agree!  They need more all day beauty shows with a different vendor every hour.  There is only so much philosophy people can buy.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,748
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

@Shanus   On QVC, Laura Geller really is the best or me.  But I buy most of my beauty items elsewhere, not here.

 

Laura Geller has the most perfect blush, one of her marbled blends called Golden Apricot.  It's so beautiful and goes stunningly well with golden/darker complexions.  Alas, QVC has not carried that shade in at least a year.  I found it elsewhere and hoarded it. Smiley Happy 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,679
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Shanus   On QVC, Laura Geller really is the best or me.  But I buy most of my beauty items elsewhere, not here.

 

Laura Geller has the most perfect blush, one of her marbled blends called Golden Apricot.  It's so beautiful and goes stunningly well with golden/darker complexions.  Alas, QVC has not carried that shade in at least a year.  I found it elsewhere and hoarded it. Smiley Happy 


 

@Caaareful Shopper   ULTA has cut back on Geller and Mally inventory. I have found some Geller products on Nordstrom online. You may want to check there. Free ship/free returns. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,679
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Re: WHERE’S THE BEAUTY?

[ Edited ]

@SashaMatthews wrote:

I agree!  They need more all day beauty shows with a different vendor every hour.  There is only so much philosophy people can buy.


 

@SashaMatthews   Unless I'm just not watching as before, I'm not seeing as much skincare, no color cosmetics, mostly shower gel, sugar scrubs, perfume. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,679
Registered: ‎05-17-2010

Tatcha used to be Q's "baby"...now only walk ons...no more hour shows or TSVs. The same w/ Dr. Denese. Just saw a TSV/Big Deal from her and before that haven't seen her or her products for quite awhile. Clinique is online, but never given air time. Why carry it? 


Oh, we also lost Nudestix...loved those. Could do an entire face. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,177
Registered: ‎07-04-2014

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

......and if they are going promote their new darling -- Carmindy, which doesn't even try to have anything attractive for deeper, richer complexions -- please broaden the brand inventory.  How about including the likes of Fenty, Pat McGrath, and IMAN Cosmetics?


          AMEN !