Honored Contributor

Considering Q admits it's not doing well financially, why would a name brand cosmetics company want to sell there? They can make plenty of money in retail stores, online or their own sites, especially when there are special offers. This will be a real problem getting new lines to the Q. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I like the Doll10 lipsticks and eye brow pencil but was surprised to see the HSN inventory of a full line of makeup. Who knew?

I just happened to surf the HSN channel and I bought two tubes of the brow product . I wasn't sure which color so I bought two.  She had a special on her makeup products  yesterday on HSN. Guess they want one to check out both channels . I don't like  any of the Hosts on HSN as far as how they present items or their squeaky voices , however sometimes I find something there worth buying .

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Now they are trading off beauty brands between HSN and QVC.  They really need to bring a few new beauty brands in.  Women want choices and new products.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Yes, and where is Becca? Eve Pearl? I haven't seen Eve Pearl in months and months......What about Smashbox? There are some nice lines that never get ANY time, because of It and Josie.......I have basically stopped watching Beauty Shows for the most part, because I know it is all same old same old......

Also haven't seen The Lipstick Queen in forever........Come on let's have some variety please!

Respected Contributor

Re: WHERE’S THE BEAUTY?

[ Edited ]

I agree. And Carmindy is hardly reflective of any innovation in the makeup field.

All throughout her WNTW days, I thought she needed a makeover, herself, with that scraggly hair. Plus, she always looked like she was wearing an old slip. And calling dabbing a liitle highlighter in the corners of the eyes "Carmindizing?" C'mon. As if she came up with that old idea. Yeesh.

LOL Gimmeabreak. Obviously, I'm not impressed!

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Yes, and where is Becca? Eve Pearl? I haven't seen Eve Pearl in months and months......What about Smashbox? There are some nice lines that never get ANY time, because of It and Josie.......I have basically stopped watching Beauty Shows for the most part, because I know it is all same old same old......

Also haven't seen The Lipstick Queen in forever........Come on let's have some variety please!

@CANDLEQUEEN   Smashbox used to be on HSN, not lately. Eve Pearl's no longer on QVC. They also lost the nice fellow in the wheelchair and Kristopher Buckle. 

Honored Contributor

@Moonlady wrote:

I agree. And Carmindy is hardly reflective of any innovation in the makeup field.

All throughout her WNTW days, I thought she needed a makeover, herself, with that scraggly hair. Plus, she always looked like she was wearing an old slip. And calling dabbing a liitle highlighter in the corners of the eyes "Carmindizing?" C'mon. As if she came up with that old idea. Yeesh.

LOL Gimmeabreak. Obviously, I'm not impressed!

@Moonlady  I don't think I've heard the name Carmindy since  WNTW days. Then suddenly a makeup line highly promoted by Q?

Honored Contributor

Does Mally still do shows on the Q?   I haven't seen her in ages.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN   Smashbox used to be on HSN, not lately. Eve Pearl's no longer on QVC. They also lost the nice fellow in the wheelchair and Kristopher Buckle. 

@Shanus . Thanks for the update. They never had Eve pearl on enough anyways, but I loved listening to her explain techniques and showing them as well. She has one of the best foundations, I just love it. I never tried Clarke's or Kristopher Buckle, although I saw their shows.......It really is too bad QVC can't have some variety.......I loved when Holly was with Smashbox, she was really good as well......

Honored Contributor

I've seen Mally come on during a show to present a product or 2 but not have any hour long shows.  Same with Laura Geller.