Honored Contributor

Friday Night Beauty was 2 hrs. of makeup that turned into hours of expensive gadgets. People changed the channel. 

Valued Contributor

Yes, I don't buy beauty "toys". Because QVC doesn't have much in the way of beauty, I do my shopping at ULTA.

Honored Contributor

Re: WHERE’S THE BEAUTY?

[ Edited ]

I watched the Carmindy show hosted by Elise Ivy on Q2 tonight.  If the vendor said one more time, "the shades are universal and work on everyone," I thought I would scream.  No.  They do not.  She tried using everything in her kit on a darker skinned model, including pink blush and pink lipstick.  Left that beautiful model looking like a circus clown, while saying "Isn't she gorgeous?!" UGH.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I watched the Carmindy show hosted by Elise Ivy on Q2 tonight.  If the vendor said one more time, "the shades are universal and work on everyone," I thought I would scream.  No.  They do not.  She tried using everything in her kit on a darker skinned model, including pink blush and pink lipstick.  Left that beautiful model looking like a circus clown, while saying "Isn't she gorgeous?!" UGH.

@Caaareful Shopper   I sympathize. Very few cosmetics are universal except maybe mascara. I even use 2 shades on darker skin tones which can be difficult to match w/ only one. 
Trusted Contributor

I agree!  They need more all day beauty shows with a different vendor every hour.  There is only so much philosophy people can buy.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   On QVC, Laura Geller really is the best or me.  But I buy most of my beauty items elsewhere, not here.

Laura Geller has the most perfect blush, one of her marbled blends called Golden Apricot.  It's so beautiful and goes stunningly well with golden/darker complexions.  Alas, QVC has not carried that shade in at least a year.  I found it elsewhere and hoarded it. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   On QVC, Laura Geller really is the best or me.  But I buy most of my beauty items elsewhere, not here.

Laura Geller has the most perfect blush, one of her marbled blends called Golden Apricot.  It's so beautiful and goes stunningly well with golden/darker complexions.  Alas, QVC has not carried that shade in at least a year.  I found it elsewhere and hoarded it. Smiley Happy 

@Caaareful Shopper   ULTA has cut back on Geller and Mally inventory. I have found some Geller products on Nordstrom online. You may want to check there. Free ship/free returns. 

Honored Contributor

Re: WHERE’S THE BEAUTY?

[ Edited ]

@sashamatthews wrote:

I agree!  They need more all day beauty shows with a different vendor every hour.  There is only so much philosophy people can buy.

@sashamatthews   Unless I'm just not watching as before, I'm not seeing as much skincare, no color cosmetics, mostly shower gel, sugar scrubs, perfume. 

Honored Contributor

Tatcha used to be Q's "baby"...now only walk ons...no more hour shows or TSVs. The same w/ Dr. Denese. Just saw a TSV/Big Deal from her and before that haven't seen her or her products for quite awhile. Clinique is online, but never given air time. Why carry it? 

Oh, we also lost Nudestix...loved those. Could do an entire face. 

Trusted Contributor

......and if they are going promote their new darling -- Carmindy, which doesn't even try to have anything attractive for deeper, richer complexions -- please broaden the brand inventory.  How about including the likes of Fenty, Pat McGrath, and IMAN Cosmetics?

AMEN !