Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT is with this beauty trend?!!!?!?

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Lipstickdiva I just recently heard about magnetic lashes and thought the magnetic liner was the only way to apply them.  How do the other ones work?

I have small round eyes, so IF I could even find some I could actually apply I would probably have to cut them to fit.  My eyes just aren't made to be dramatic.

@Icegoddess there is a top and bottom piece that both have the magnetic strip on them.  You put the top strip on and then the underneath strip with your own lashes sandwiched between them.  The 2 magnetics catch.  But it's not easy to get them to evenly catch.  LOL  Here is a box of them.

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, Aw He11 no!  I would never get those things on.  I'm pretty good at putting eyeliner on, so the ones with the magnetic eyeliner would be the ones I would have to try.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Who are these people hurting by wearing these false eyelashes?

It's a form of self-expression, and don't we all pretty much do that when we color our hair, or wear make-up?

How would any of us feel if people were saying , "Oh, my gerd! Would you look at her?! She look just awful with that hair color/make-up! What was she thinking?"

As long as the wearer is happy, isn't that what really matters?

@Anonymous032819 They possibly are hurting themselves by failing to realize that like it or not, we are judged on how we dress and style ourselves.

It depends on what they want out of the world whether they are hurting themselves are not.  But the fact of the matter if you don't fit in the look and deportment it is difficult to fit in with people.

If I dress like a corporate executive and try to join a violent motorcycle gang, I'm not going to get very far am I?  If I wear a t-shirt contrary to a violent protest group's cause, I'm gonna get kicked or killed.

SO, it just depends on where someone wants to be well thought of how they accessorize themselves.  

@Sooner 

But are they hurting you by wearing these eyelashes?

Let them be them, and have fun with their self-expression.

And by the way, everywhere that you go, people are judging you too, and you may wear your hair in a style, or have it in a color that they don't like.

Remember, for what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

When I started  wearing mascara, my lashes were super long.  With mascara they would touch my eyebrows.  I constantly had people ask me if my lashes (and nails) were real.  So I've always loved uber long lashes.  It was after I had my baby that they stopped growing so long.  This was in 1981.  I bought my first pair of false lashes around then but after a few months the glue caused my lashes to fall out Smiley Sad  Stopped using the lashes and waited till my real ones grew back and just used mascara for decades.  They were longer than average and I would spend way too much time on applying mascara and using a safety pin (I know!) to painstakingly separate them.  A couple of years ago they started growing back shorter.  Earlier this year I decided to try false lashes again in hopes that the glue had improved and wouldn't cause lash loss.

@monicakm 

I retired earlier this year and every day I would painstakingly apply mascara and then separate with a pin.  With Covid.....um.....I no longer care.  If/when I go out again, I'll probably do the pin thing.  Haven't ventured into false lashes - not sure if I'd like them.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Who are these people hurting by wearing these false eyelashes?

It's a form of self-expression, and don't we all pretty much do that when we color our hair, or wear make-up?

How would any of us feel if people were saying , "Oh, my gerd! Would you look at her?! She look just awful with that hair color/make-up! What was she thinking?"

As long as the wearer is happy, isn't that what really matters?

@Anonymous032819 They possibly are hurting themselves by failing to realize that like it or not, we are judged on how we dress and style ourselves.

It depends on what they want out of the world whether they are hurting themselves are not.  But the fact of the matter if you don't fit in the look and deportment it is difficult to fit in with people.

If I dress like a corporate executive and try to join a violent motorcycle gang, I'm not going to get very far am I?  If I wear a t-shirt contrary to a violent protest group's cause, I'm gonna get kicked or killed.

SO, it just depends on where someone wants to be well thought of how they accessorize themselves.  

@Sooner 

But are they hurting you by wearing these eyelashes?

Let them be them, and have fun with their self-expression.

And by the way, everywhere that you go, people are judging you too, and you may wear your hair in a style, or have it in a color that they don't like.

Remember, for what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged.

@Anonymous032819 Of course they are judging me!  That's what I said.  It is what people -- ALL people -- do.  How you dress is your statement to the public about what you think of yourself and how you want to be thought of.

People dress to appeal to whatever group they want to appeal to.  It is a fact of life.  We choose what to wear, we choose our image, we think about how our looks present us to the world. 

And we all know what the message is too.  It's as apparent as the nose on your face, the style of your hair and the cut of your shirt.  It's who we think we are, who we want people to think we are, or any other message we feel compelled to send. 

Super Contributor

Seems to be a trend with the younger demographic.  

Honored Contributor

Do you wear goggles in the shower?