Esteemed Contributor

Re: WHAT is with this beauty trend?!!!?!?

Who are these people hurting by wearing these false eyelashes?

It's a form of self-expression, and don't we all pretty much do that when we color our hair, or wear make-up?

How would any of us feel if people were saying , "Oh, my gerd! Would you look at her?! She look just awful with that hair color/make-up! What was she thinking?"

As long as the wearer is happy, isn't that what really matters?

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Frequent Contributor

I discovered magnetic false lashes through Amazon and couldn't be happier!  Mine are more natural looking, I am giving my lashes a break from mascara, and the process is actually time saving!  They are a confidence booster for this 50+ gal and I'm hooked!

Honored Contributor

I have seen them on two young women, a cashier at a grocery store and one at the drive thru window of my favorite burger place.   Their false eyelashes are so long you cannot see their actual eyes.  This is way longer than any falsies my mom wore back in the '60's.  Do not care for them at all.  It looks like bugs crawling out of eye sockets.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

I have seen them on two young women, a cashier at a grocery store and one at the drive thru window of my favorite burger place.   Their false eyelashes are so long you cannot see their actual eyes.  This is way longer than any falsies my mom wore back in the '60's.  Do not care for them at all.  It looks like bugs crawling out of eye sockets.

You are right it is disturbing, as they do look like bug-like.

I thought the idea of falsies was to enhance your eyes with a glamourous or dramatic look.  Not look like 2 black moths landed on your face.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

If I found one of those on the bathroom floor, I'd be running for a slipper to stamp it out!!!! 

@Shanus 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Who are these people hurting by wearing these false eyelashes?

It's a form of self-expression, and don't we all pretty much do that when we color our hair, or wear make-up?

How would any of us feel if people were saying , "Oh, my gerd! Would you look at her?! She look just awful with that hair color/make-up! What was she thinking?"

As long as the wearer is happy, isn't that what really matters?

@Anonymous032819 They possibly are hurting themselves by failing to realize that like it or not, we are judged on how we dress and style ourselves.

It depends on what they want out of the world whether they are hurting themselves are not.  But the fact of the matter if you don't fit in the look and deportment it is difficult to fit in with people.

If I dress like a corporate executive and try to join a violent motorcycle gang, I'm not going to get very far am I?  If I wear a t-shirt contrary to a violent protest group's cause, I'm gonna get kicked or killed.

SO, it just depends on where someone wants to be well thought of how they accessorize themselves.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Last year I got lash extension put on professionally. They didn't look ridiculous because I didn't pick out ridiculous lashes.  When I walked in for my appointment, they handed me a board of all the various lashes I could choose from. The board went from least dramatic to most dramatic.  I picked the third set that were considered an everyday lash look.  

I never had them reapplied because frankly, they are a pain.  Everything you use on your eye area has to be special for the extensions, there was the time and the expense.  Not to mention the damage to your own lashes.

Periodically I will wear fake lashes but the ones I buy are demi wispies and you can't really tell they are fake.  I have gotten complements on my lashes before and I always blurt out they are fake lashes.  LOL  I also bought a set of demi wispies that just go along the outer edge to give me a little length and lift. 

The other day I was watching a YouTuber who normally does really nice make-up.  Her eyes looked very pretty but she went off camera to apply lashes and came back and her entire eye make-up look was ruined because the lashes were so dramatic and out of control.  It just looked ridiculous.     

Honored Contributor

@I was Sasha wrote:

I discovered magnetic false lashes through Amazon and couldn't be happier!  Mine are more natural looking, I am giving my lashes a break from mascara, and the process is actually time saving!  They are a confidence booster for this 50+ gal and I'm hooked!

@I was Sasha , if I could figure out how to apply them I'd be thrilled.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I spent 45 minutes trying to apply magnetic lashes and finally gave up.  I don't want the ones that require the magnetic liner, I just need to learn how to apply the regular magnetic ones.  I've watched YouTube tutorials and everything and cannot get it.   

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@I was Sasha wrote:

@I was Sasha , if I could figure out how to apply them I'd be thrilled.  I'm not exaggerating when I say I spent 45 minutes trying to apply magnetic lashes and finally gave up.  I don't want the ones that require the magnetic liner, I just need to learn how to apply the regular magnetic ones.  I've watched YouTube tutorials and everything and cannot get it.   

@Lipstickdiva I just recently heard about magnetic lashes and thought the magnetic liner was the only way to apply them.  How do the other ones work?

I have small round eyes, so IF I could even find some I could actually apply I would probably have to cut them to fit.  My eyes just aren't made to be dramatic.

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

Oh my!  Those are certainly extreme!

Remember back in the 60's, the Twiggy look???A53CC126-4ECD-4A3E-A53C-761B83C24AC4.jpeg

@4kitties Twiggie was SO cute.  These girls don't seem to pull the look off as well as she did.Smiley Happy