Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WERE THE LAST 3 BEAUTY PURCHASES YOU MADE?

@Funloving wrote:

Enjoyed reading your responses. Work beckoned, yanking me away from this funny farm.... uh, FORUM for a while.

And... I didn't forget you, Missy...@HappyDaze

ONLY because of your undeniable fabulosity I checked the website to see what I paid for "the said mascara of interest" ...HAD I ONLY KNOWN... Smiley Sad    'twas $9.50.

@Funloving NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

*takes a deep breath*

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Smiley Wink lol, okay, I am over it now. Kind of. Not really.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

For me it was

(1) Alterna Caviar CC Cream Leave-in Perfector purchased from Amazon.  Have no idea if I'll like it yet, but it was cheaper than retail.

(2) Tweak-d Restore Self Cleansing Hair Treatment & Above the Clouds Cleanser Hair Treatment from HSN - haven't received

(3) Ardency Inn Punker Mascara from Hautelook- just received & haven't tried yet

I guess technically that's 4.  No hard-fast rules.  LOL

Two of them were recommendations from our lovely beauty experts here.

You???

@Funloving  How do you like the Alterna CC?  I recently bought it too.  The very next day after I used it, I had tiny zits all over my forehead.  I used it for a couple days and they were getting worse.  I quit using it and within a couple days the breaking out stopped and now is cleared up.  So much for that product! 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze

Ahhhh... now I've witnessed a most cathartic moment. Smiley Very Happy Feeling better.   Hey,  I haven't even tried the sacred mascara yet.  There was a post about Mally's mascara & the formula change.  Mally's has been my HG mascara for years.  This prompted a discussion on a "does it all" lengthening, thickening mascara.  I apologize  to the person who recommended Punker mascara and the person who gave me the tip about Hautelook having it on sale and to you for not being a mind reader.  Let this serve as a lesson to stalk me here!  LOL

PLUS, if it makes you  feel any better,  at the same time I purchased the mascara I bought a compact of  Kevyn Aucoin The Dew Drop Creme to Powder Foundation.  If you've shopped Hautelook you know multi-purchases from the same order don't arrive at the same time. USPS tracking shows the foundation was delivered on the 22nd & I'm still  "Dew Dropless".  The hassle of calling to file a postal claim on a $7.00 product yesterday was just too much fun!  Pththththth!  There you go Missy... Gloat away...  Woman Tongue   

@mima... same goes for Alterna's CC Leave-In.  I haven't used it yet.  What a bummer this broke out your forehead. UGH!  Makes me wonder what's in this product.  Do you have sensitivities to any particular ingredient?  I thought you used the CC only on the bottom portion of your hair. But what do I know!!?!   I'm sorry that happened.  Not real excited to try it now and naturally it was one of the very rare times I purchased directly from the vendor vs Amazon Prime.

I'm envisioning @HappyDaze sitting in a corner chanting something about Karma. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

1. Matrix Biolage CC

2. Loreal Superstar mascara

3. Tory Burch lipstick

Respected Contributor

@Funloving  I do break out easy, but I know it was the CC since the small zits dried up immediately after I stopped using it.

I think it is suppose to protect your hair from heat, so I put most of it on the longer hair (ends), but finish wiping it from my hands on my bangs and roots since I use a blow dryer and flat iron on my bangs.  I have some cowlicks  I have to straighten out.  I also flat iron from the roots so I need to pretty much put it all over. 

It won't go to waste.  I'll give it to my granddaughters.

Honored Contributor

@Funloving haha, serves you right! LOL, just kidding sweetie! well darn you, try that darn mascara already! I want to hear what you think. I will wait until I find it on sale if anyone is so kind as to LET ME KNOW when it is on sale somewhere.  *ahem*

Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving, I've been using the Alterna CC for a while now and have had no problems with breakouts (and I am prone to breakouts).  I only use it on the bottom two-thirds of my hair, though.  For me, it is a miracle product.

Honored Contributor

1.)  Suzanne Organics Moisturizer duo

2.Suzanne Organics Exfoliating   Cleanser duo  (I'm on A/D)

3.)  Suzanne Organics Lipstick duo in *Honey Glow*

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving haha, serves you right! LOL, just kidding sweetie! well darn you, try that darn mascara already! I want to hear what you think. I will wait until I find it on sale if anyone is so kind as to LET ME KNOW when it is on sale somewhere.  *ahem*

Smiley Wink

@HappyDaze, now that it's been drilled into my beady brain that my hilarious adorable buddy has a burning desire to try Ardency Inn's Punker at discount,  OF COURSE  I'll let you know sweets!!! Let this be HEARD BY ALL!!!

The main reason I haven't tried it is I haven't had a need to wear mascara.  I've been tied to my desk trying to hit several deadlines and never wear makeup when it's just me working out of my home office.  I don't even bother when I run errands.

Secondly, I'm working through a tube of pricey DiorShow.  I'm not paying that much for mascara anymore.. I just can't... but I still have a months worth. I AM anxious to crack open that Punker... and the world won't end if I have 2 tubes open at once.  Tell ya what.  JUST FOR YOU, next time I have a need to wear mascara, which happens to be tonight for a dinner, I'll be sure to give you my 411.   But... as I recall you hated DiorShow? Smiley Surprised  Maybe it was someone else who made that comment.   My point is what I like you may hate and vice versa.  Especially with diverse preferences on a product like mascara.

The article I posted was interesting because "the wiper",  the name for the opening of a tube, determines how much comes off on your brush.  Even if the wiper is off by 1mm that can make a big difference in how your mascara works for you.  Then there's the whole preference thing about the type of brush; size, shape.... yada, yada.  I like a dryer formula mascara..some prefer a wet formula.. and so on. But if you weren't part of the thread you missed the aritcle.  Braintrust here.

Once again, riveting, enlightening and TMI. Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@vac wrote:

@Funloving, I've been using the Alterna CC for a while now and have had no problems with breakouts (and I am prone to breakouts).  I only use it on the bottom two-thirds of my hair, though.  For me, it is a miracle product.

Oh.. thanks @vac!!  That makes me feel world's better about the purchase.  I'm trying it tonight- 

And, yes!...I'd use it on the bottom 2/3rds of my hair, like you do!

Thanks again! Smiley Happy