Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT WERE THE LAST 3 BEAUTY PURCHASES YOU MADE?

@Funloving wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving if you remember that thread, I'd love to read that article. It sounds interesting! No, I don't hate Diorshow at all (must have been someone else) but I no longer use products from company's that still test on animals so no more Dior products for me. I loved a couple of their mascaras and eyeshadows. Oh and some of their perfumes, lol. But, alas, no more. Smiley Sad

I will look forward to your review. I probably have another few weeks before I will need to replenish my mascara so hopefully a good sale will occur by then and I can try it. Birchbox carries some of Ardency Inn's products just not the mascara but maybe eventually they will get it and then I can use points and % off to get it cheaper. Oh and I'm wanting to try their Manuka honey infused pigments (particularly rose gold, hell and heaven)- they look so purdy! Smiley Wink

Hi @HappyDaze

Here's the thread, buried in a review- well more of a first impression of a Smashbox Mascara I tried & just can't love.  The article is in the 5th post down I think.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Smashbox-Full-Exposure-Mascara-Review/m-p/2532647#M469276

Too bad I'm opening tubes & wasting money with trial and error.  The Smashbox wasn't bad..  yet I can just tell it just isn't 'the one'. 

BTW, the dinner got canceled, so I've yet to try Ardency Inn.  Someone mentioned they used the same Smashbox mascara I purchased with Ardency Inn's Punker to get good results.. so maybe not all is lost.  I just like to keep it simple with one mascara.

And in looking back, it was @Krissy_1968 who was nice enough to mention the sale at Hautelook.

I was purusing reviews of Punker on Sephora.  Pretty much a mixed bag like most mascaras. 

It shouldn't be this hard, should it?  What are you currently using?  Forgive me if you said already.

Smiley SadSmiley SurprisedSmiley Tongue

@Funloving, thank you sweetie! I will check out the thread. Currently I use Paulas Choice Fantastic mascara and a deluxe sample of the Benefit Roller lash mascara. PC's is one of my favorite but I still test out new ones once in awhile. I also had a deluxe sample of the Well People mascara and that wasn't too bad either. Very few actually WOW me, most are just nice but I'm thinking I don't want to pay that kind of money for "nice". I don't mind paying the money, but I want it to be worth it and so many aren't. That is one reason I like Paula's- it is a good price and works really well.

I tried Laura Geller's mascara (again, a deluxe sample) and it too was just "nice". I remember really liking Benefit's They're real mascara and now they have a variety of colors. Eventually I want to try one of the colors but I need to make sure they are still cruelty free. So many things change with companies that if I haven't used the line in awhile, I need to double check before I purchase something again.

Yeah, mascara is really a difficult thing to go by reviews since there are many things that can influence results- application methods (i.e. user error, lol), brush, length of existing lashes, health of lashes, color of original lashes, thickness of lashes, heaviness of formula versus type of lashes (thinner, thicker, etc),  etc.

I generally tend to like a bit more wet mascara versus drier formulas but I'm not that picky about that. I also don't really like the really bushy brushes, you know the ones that look like a baby caterpiller? Smiley Very Happy Those are just really hard for me to work with and I usually make a mess all over my eyelids, lol. Not a pretty sight! Gotta wrestle that caterpillar to get it to do what I want! Smiley Wink

Okay so I had too much coffee this morning. Had to get up early to meet some people so I needed to gas up!

Respected Contributor

Perricone TSV

Josie Maran's Honey Butter Balm Duo

Fractionated Coconut Oil

Trusted Contributor

Perricone TSV

Isomer's Immortal TTV

Beekman 1802

None of which I needed by the way Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Fun thread!

Eve Pearl TSV

Two Avon Super Shock eye liners from the bay

Micellar water ftom CVS

Esteemed Contributor

OOPs-my bad! 

Forgot all about the 4 Skinn items recently ordered on zulily.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Funloving if you remember that thread, I'd love to read that article. It sounds interesting! No, I don't hate Diorshow at all (must have been someone else) but I no longer use products from company's that still test on animals so no more Dior products for me. I loved a couple of their mascaras and eyeshadows. Oh and some of their perfumes, lol. But, alas, no more. Smiley Sad

I will look forward to your review. I probably have another few weeks before I will need to replenish my mascara so hopefully a good sale will occur by then and I can try it. Birchbox carries some of Ardency Inn's products just not the mascara but maybe eventually they will get it and then I can use points and % off to get it cheaper. Oh and I'm wanting to try their Manuka honey infused pigments (particularly rose gold, hell and heaven)- they look so purdy! Smiley Wink

Hi @HappyDaze

Here's the thread, buried in a review- well more of a first impression of a Smashbox Mascara I tried & just can't love.  The article is in the 5th post down I think.

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Smashbox-Full-Exposure-Mascara-Review/m-p/2532647#M469276

Too bad I'm opening tubes & wasting money with trial and error.  The Smashbox wasn't bad..  yet I can just tell it just isn't 'the one'. 

BTW, the dinner got canceled, so I've yet to try Ardency Inn.  Someone mentioned they used the same Smashbox mascara I purchased with Ardency Inn's Punker to get good results.. so maybe not all is lost.  I just like to keep it simple with one mascara.

And in looking back, it was @Krissy_1968 who was nice enough to mention the sale at Hautelook.

I was purusing reviews of Punker on Sephora.  Pretty much a mixed bag like most mascaras. 

It shouldn't be this hard, should it?  What are you currently using?  Forgive me if you said already.

@Funloving, thank you sweetie! I will check out the thread. Currently I use Paulas Choice Fantastic mascara and a deluxe sample of the Benefit Roller lash mascara. PC's is one of my favorite but I still test out new ones once in awhile. I also had a deluxe sample of the Well People mascara and that wasn't too bad either. Very few actually WOW me, most are just nice but I'm thinking I don't want to pay that kind of money for "nice". I don't mind paying the money, but I want it to be worth it and so many aren't. That is one reason I like Paula's- it is a good price and works really well.

I tried Laura Geller's mascara (again, a deluxe sample) and it too was just "nice". I remember really liking Benefit's They're real mascara and now they have a variety of colors. Eventually I want to try one of the colors but I need to make sure they are still cruelty free. So many things change with companies that if I haven't used the line in awhile, I need to double check before I purchase something again.

Yeah, mascara is really a difficult thing to go by reviews since there are many things that can influence results- application methods (i.e. user error, lol), brush, length of existing lashes, health of lashes, color of original lashes, thickness of lashes, heaviness of formula versus type of lashes (thinner, thicker, etc),  etc.

I generally tend to like a bit more wet mascara versus drier formulas but I'm not that picky about that. I also don't really like the really bushy brushes, you know the ones that look like a baby caterpiller? Smiley Very Happy Those are just really hard for me to work with and I usually make a mess all over my eyelids, lol. Not a pretty sight! Gotta wrestle that caterpillar to get it to do what I want! Smiley Wink

Okay so I had too much coffee this morning. Had to get up early to meet some people so I needed to gas up!

Hola, @HappyDaze!

Thanks for the response most adorable friend.  I'll keep Paula's Choice mascara in my limited memory bank since I do like so many Paula's Choice products already- although mainly in the skincare category.  I don't think I've tried any of her cosmetics.  Plus they are reasonable & cruelty free.  I tend to trust Paula B and their CS can't be beat.

I couldn't get Benefit's "They're Real" to work well for me, so it may be we have different lash types or are most comfortable with different formulas, brushes &/or application techniques..  As I mentioned, I don't do well with wet formulas & can't get the hang of the skinnier brushes.  I'm one of those caterpillar girls Smiley Wink or one made with wired fibers versus the thinner flexible plastic-like wands & brushes (for lack of better explanation) which are really hot right now. 

Have a great day ma'dear!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @HappyDaze

Oh you are so welcome @Funloving! Hope you do a review for us soon! and @HappyDaze since I know it is on your list, if I see that Ardency Inn Punker mascara again at HL or Zulily I will let ya know...
my last 3 purchases?
Borghese ristoritivo set from Evine! (it just came!)
Skinn haul from Zulily (yay!)
Isomer's eye stem genesis kit ( SO upset...the stem genesis extreme eyelash tube was broke and all the contents leaked out into the box...I am calling Evine to see if they will just send me one..if not, back it goes...only ordered it for the eyelash serum which I LOVE) The Matrixyl TTV should be here tomorrow!