Respected Contributor

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOUNDATION W/SPF...

I'm finishing Lancome,  so im looking for a new foundation, preferably with an spf 30 or higher.

I dont need heavy coverage,  but I'd like more pink tones and nothing yellow.   I like a natural, light look.   I have fair, normal skin.

Please send your suggestions...THANKS!!

Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE FOUNDATION W/SPF...

I'm not into the whole SPF thing but I thought all foundations had SPF.  I don't know what the SPF is in Fenty Eaze Drops but it's the perfect skin tint and comes in 50 shades.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I use IT CC+ foundation with SPF 50.  I really like it and have used it for several years.  I get in light but they have a lot of shades.

Trusted Contributor

IT cc+foundation's light is very yellow.  I have pink in my skin and it looked awful.  Returned it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's better to not rely on a foundation w/spf to give you protection from the sun. It's best to use a separate sunscreen and then a foundation on top of that. The reason is b/c you need to really apply a lot of spf foundation to get enough of the spf listed on the bottle and when you do that it looks overdone. 

Wayne Goss explains that the best:

"WHY YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON SPF IN FOUNDATION! EVER!"

Trusted Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I use IT CC+ foundation with SPF 50.  I really like it and have used it for several years.  I get in light but they have a lot of shades.

I use this too, in shade Fair.  Love it!

Trusted Contributor

@Dazlin 

I am fair with pink undertones, too.  I can't wear IT foundation or powder too yellow.  

I use several products that have spf not just foundation.  And I have a couple foundations I like to rotate....

1. Dior in the cushion compact is spf 50.  They have some different shades but the the lightest, is very little coverage.  It's more of a skin perfector for someone with good skin to start.  I really like my skin with this one.  I don't use the sponge it comes with.  I use a brush or a beauty blender sponge.

2.  Bare Minerals has spf.  I can't remember the #.  I wore Bare Minerals way back in the Leslie Blodget days with Lisa Robertson and monthly TSVs.  I eventually got on Bare Minerals overload and moved on. 

Funny thing is, as I have been focused on clean and cruelty free beauty (DIOR is not).  But Bare Minerals is. 

So now I am back into the products.  I really like them.  I used their website to find my shade.  It suggested fairly light, which is perfect.  I am super happy with this foundation again.  I use an IT Cosmetics brush to apply.  

3.  Jose Maran Protect and Perfect tinted argon oil.  This is spf 47.  It's a little orangey for me straight out the bottle.  But if I mix it with primer, it's a nice light coverage for me. Great for no make up days but want something... This I put on with my fingers.

The primer I use and always seem to come back to, even though I keep trying others, is hourglass spf 30.  Also apply this one with my fingers.  It is hands down the best one.  I buy over and over. 

Hope this helps.  

Honored Contributor

My holy grail foundation is Revlon Candid.  Not the glow one, just the regular.  I am afraid they are discontinuing it so I have 4 or 5 in my stash. 

I honestly thought it had SPF in it of like 12 until just now when I looked it up and it doesn't.  LOL

I always use a separate SPF anyhow.   

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee ...I agree...just figured,  why not go with the little extra.   Thx!

Respected Contributor

@soonersis ..I've used it...I didn't like the heavy thick coverage...thank you...its a good a foundation however