Honored Contributor

I noticed under Beauty that someone intended to inform us of a new You Tube channel and it was poofed w/ the reason "Promoting". There's no difference between sharing that info and what products are on HSN or EVINE. In fact the 2 channels just mentioned are online shopping sites in direct competition w/ Q and You Tube is not.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I don't get it either.  You can mention other vendors but if you put in an actual link to their site you get poofed???  Seems strange to me.

Honored Contributor

Unfair (or uninformed) moderation.  Why should they care about that?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus I have scratched my head trying to figure out how some of the proofing comes to be.I have given it the excuse of discretion....and that really is too difficult to predict.

Honored Contributor

NOT being a smart aleck here, but there are a few things that the Mods do that don't make any sense to me.  And yes, I have read the guidelines.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a fine line weak argument, but perhpas QVC moderators are instructed that just saying a cmpetitors name is not advertising, but inserting a link, coupon codes, or item numbers from other sites is.  I'm surprised they don't delete the pictures of fashions and cosmetics posted from other websites.

Esteemed Contributor

It's so subjective with no rhyme or reason. It could depend on a mods mood of the day; not enough sleep; it's raining with not enough sunshine. I don't think you can figure it out & surely would never take it personally.

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50You know what?  It doesn't seem strange at all to me.  We are on a privately sppnsored board and they get the determination about what goes.

If I were in charge and setting up guidelines, I'd also forbid links to other retailers.  Why?  Because people are basically lazy -  a link makes heading to another site very easy, probably too easy.  I say that because I'm certainly not the only person who often briefly realizes a link is to something I might look at, but I don't jot it down even thought there's always a pad and pen at my elbow -- and I never remember to check the sites once I sign off here.

I see all this push back pretty much like I see two year old throwing a temper tantrum when they can't get what they want. If they push enough, maybe the authority figure will change its mind.  I don't protest -  I have no idea what the legal issues are, what the business issues are, etc. and I don't want them.

I can't even listen to the evening news any longer -  if this becomes a political board, I'm gone.  It was ugly here before the mods when there were political posts.

Esteemed Contributor

Beats me why. Apparently the beauty and fashion website The Cut is verboten because it's part of the established media. Mentioning the giant "A" internet retailer is verboten too, probably because they are taking away their customers and potential ones.

Consumers are shopping wisely for the best deals but that is probably not what QVC is looking for now to increase their bottom line. Their 4th quarter financials come out this month. My guess is it won't be a good one. 

Honored Contributor

@febe1  It wasn't my post, but did notice it was about You Tube. There are no item #s on there last time I looked.