Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT DO YOU PAY FOR A PEDDY?

I think my salon is 25 and 35 for their special and 10 extra for hot stone I know my gel manicure is 30, this is a small neighborhood salon I have gone to for 17 years

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm@fairydogmother    That pedicure is so cute. I've never had a pedicure.

I don't want anyone touching my feet and I have been doing my own nails since I was 7 years old. When I was about 8 or 9, in the 50's I would charge neighborhood girls 5 cents for a manicure.

Using Barielle foot cream keeps my feet soft and I've never had to scrape or grate dry skin off my feet. When I was pregnant, I would have my husband polish my toenails, when I couldn't reach them.

My two daughters and two grand daughters  go to a salon for pedicures.

Regular Contributor

I've only done it one time. The salon was in DC and not too expensive 28.00. Not my thing really...if my nails are trimmed short with a clear polish I'm good.
Trusted Contributor

@Enufstuff   

I thought I was the ONLY ONE who never had a pedi because I, like you, can't stand anyone touching my feet. 

I enjoy keeping my nails and toenails well groomed myself.

Regular Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  I pay $40 plus $10 tip for basic mani pedi every 4 weeks.  Included is hot stone massage on calves and feet, hot towel on legs and arms and callous foot scrub. I get color on toes April-October then clear polish during cooler months. I get clear on fingernails or buff shine. Color won't last on fingernails no matter how careful I am with gloves while doing chores. Not interested in product that will weaken nails any more than regular polish. This is a bargain for DFW suburb.

Respected Contributor

@pdlinda   I've also heard about people getting infections.

So, no thanks to pedicures. I'll do it myself.

Respected Contributor

$35 for a plain jane pedi. i really prefer to do my own. tough to curl up, groom cuticles and try to paint and balance after 2 lumbar surgeries and a hip replacement.  i did my own over 2 days last week and it looks ragged already.

Regular Contributor

@Enufstuff agree, too risky
Respected Contributor

$45.
Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam - I pay $37 for a regular pedicure. If a client wants a mani/pedi they charge $45. A regular manicure is $18. I usually do my fingernails myself, but once in a while I'll save time and ask for both.  Smiley Happy