Honored Contributor

Re: WHAT ARE YOUR MOST TOUGH MAKEUP AREAS/PRODUCTS, ETC.? ANY QUESTIONS?S?

@Midmod wrote:
@ Shanus

But how do I do that lol?

Said with 😥

@Midmod   I know it's difficult, but the alternative is not liking ourselves and being critical every time we look in the mirror. I choose not to obsess over it and be depressed.

Honored Contributor

@Midmod   💕

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Never thought of the tissue!!!
I will try that!!!! Ty 😊😊
Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Frenchlop   When I did makeup for a friend, she had the same issue. I used a contour shade (not dark enough to look like unwanted hair) around the very edge of the top lip...if you want to take the time. It recedes that space that you think is too long.

@Shanus  You have given me lots of tips that you don't know about, lol. But this one is tops! I just tried it - need it- Love it! thanks again.

Respected Contributor

Undereye puffiness. I have some circles but not that bad. It's the puffiness that's so noticeable. I don't think m/u can help with the puffiness. I some some eyecream with caffeine but it really doesn't do much.

I can't cut back on salt in my diet; I'd have to take salt tablets. I just got some peach toned cream for undereye; I haven't played with it.

Also eyeliners. I need the definition but can't wear black. I keep ordering them and now have a stash to try. I have green eyes and bronze and purple tints work best. It's the red in them. I'm seventy eight and have toned everything down.

A tip for others. I have blonde eyebrows; they almost match my blonde highlights. I find Joan Rivers hair filler in light blonde is perfect. I also found a pomade in cool blonde from Benefit. Finally brows look good.

Ordered some different brands of mascara in browns. Spent hours online finding them. Will report on them.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

I started doing the morning cold water thing several years ago when my complexion turned dry.  All I'm doing is rinsing off last night's skincare.  It doesn't need cleansed.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

Toughest makeup area/products?  At one time I would have said brows and have said brows when this topic was brought up in the past.  I've since got a handle on the brow situation so brows are no longer a sore subject.  

Lashes are no problem thanks to false lashes that I can put on faster than mascara.

@lavendar  I also have puffy undereyes and the one and only thing that really REALLY helps with them is a gua sha.  If you're unsure how to use one, there are tons of YT videos.  

I can't think of anything else.  But it SURE feels good to sit down at my computer and talk "Beauty" Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Frenchlop   When I did makeup for a friend, she had the same issue. I used a contour shade (not dark enough to look like unwanted hair) around the very edge of the top lip...if you want to take the time. It recedes that space that you think is too long.

@Shanus  You have given me lots of tips that you don't know about, lol. But this one is tops! I just tried it - need it- Love it! thanks again.

@Judaline  I'm so glad you tried it and it works for you. Please becareful not to use too dark a shade. A suggestion is finding a face powder (not a bronzeror contour color) that a shade or shade and a half darker than your complexion. Many women use a sheer, translucent setting powder, but this would be a separate purchase. 

There is a "contour" product...a pale, grey/taupe that's a perfect shade for a contour shadow which should be a cool tone. It's by Kevein Aucoin. I use medium because it's cooler than the other shades. You can purchase at  Sephora (online, too). Don't be scared off by the price. I have had the same tiny compact for 2 yrs. You needjust a little bit....even if you use it as a traditional contour on your cheekbones.

***Bronzers should not be used to contour cheekbones. They are to bronze and tan the skin.  They are a brownish/reddish tone and contour is supposed to create a shadow which should be a cool grey shade. Many, even youtubers, make this mistake.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lavendar wrote:

Undereye puffiness. I have some circles but not that bad. It's the puffiness that's so noticeable. I don't think m/u can help with the puffiness. I some some eyecream with caffeine but it really doesn't do much.

I can't cut back on salt in my diet; I'd have to take salt tablets. I just got some peach toned cream for undereye; I haven't played with it.

Also eyeliners. I need the definition but can't wear black. I keep ordering them and now have a stash to try. I have green eyes and bronze and purple tints work best. It's the red in them. I'm seventy eight and have toned everything down.

A tip for others. I have blonde eyebrows; they almost match my blonde highlights. I find Joan Rivers hair filler in light blonde is perfect. I also found a pomade in cool blonde from Benefit. Finally brows look good.

Ordered some different brands of mascara in browns. Spent hours online finding them. Will report on them.

@lavendar   Sounds like you've found your products to help w/ issues and really don't have a question.

Can I offer a few suggestions anyway? Eyeliner: Yes, black is difficult to wear, but if a very dark brown is used dotted between the roots of lashes, you need very little liner on lid. You can even tightline on upper waterline. When this is done, it not only appears that you have very thick lashes, but defines the eyes without taking up too much liner on the lid. Then you can use shadows and/or your colored liners as a tiny thin line on top lid.

*** Hold the colored pencil pointing downward towards the lashes to create a very thin line. The bronze and purples (I have green eyes, too) should not be too obvious, but a thin line close to lashes will make green eyes pop.

***Puffines?  Keep several spoons in the freezer. They're the perfect shape to apply over eyes for a few minutes before makeup. They're the perfect shape to fit the area. Concealer or corrector can help if placed under the puffiness and not on it. and not the typical light/bright shades. Placing a lighter shade ON the puffy area brings it forward (it's already raised). A shade that's the similar to your foundation or tinted moisturizer, if you don't wear foundation, brought up onto the puffiness will blend it in and make it not as obvious. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus Thank you. Spoon is good idea. Also use of concealer.

The liners I use are Laura Geller's Kajal.I have. I can't tight line because I have 'dry eye' from an autoimmune problem I have. Laura's liners and  colors are subtle but the liner goes on as dark as black. I'm experimenting with shadow but it will be a neutral

I feel like I never used ms/u aftet almost three years of masking. I'm having fun trying  new methods. When I finish eyes will keep going.

You've been a big help, I read your advice to others. Some things apply. Thank you for being so generous with your time.