Respected Contributor

Re: WHAT A GREAT DAY TO WASH MU BRUSHES!

@Shanus  Beautiful collection! I recently bought a bar of Zote soap as a rec from my friend to clean my brushes and it is really good. It has a very slight scent and really gets them clean. I also have my brushes in containers and one is Eye and the other is face. I clean mine weekly but I will say I have 2 of the same with some of my face brushes and try to rotate them. I use a microfiber small towel to get most of the water out and like you I lay them on a ledge and let them dry. 

I just washed them last night as I had some time on my hands and wanted to do it. 

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Shanus  Beautiful collection! I recently bought a bar of Zote soap as a rec from my friend to clean my brushes and it is really good. It has a very slight scent and really gets them clean. I also have my brushes in containers and one is Eye and the other is face. I clean mine weekly but I will say I have 2 of the same with some of my face brushes and try to rotate them. I use a microfiber small towel to get most of the water out and like you I lay them on a ledge and let them dry. 

I just washed them last night as I had some time on my hands and wanted to do it. 

@wvumountiefan. There’s definitely no point in cleansing your skin and then using less than clean brushes. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I agree. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@wvumountiefan. There’s definitely no point in cleansing your skin and then using less than clean brushes. 

@wvumountiefan  If you read my reply to @SilleeMee, I said that I keep my “every day, go to brushes” separately. Those I clean more often.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I’ve always wanted to get one of B.B. face brushes. I would like one of her brushes for bronzer. Which one would you recommend for that?

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Shanus  I’ve always wanted to get one of B.B. face brushes. I would like one of her brushes for bronzer. Which one would you recommend for that?

@wvumountiefan   I rarely place bronzer all over, so I don’t use a brush w/ a large fluffy head. If you do, BB’s blush brush is great. I just apply a little bit in hollows of cheek and prefer a smaller slanted bristle brush...Trish McEvoy #65 Angled Brush. Both lines have excellent brushes that I’ve had for decades.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  Okay. I will look at the TM brushes. Thank you so much for the info. I don’t contour but just bronze a little to add a little bit of color. If you don’t mind me asking, do you use a sponge for applying anything? TIA

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@Shanus  Okay. I will look at the TM brushes. Thank you so much for the info. I don’t contour but just bronze a little to add a little bit of color. If you don’t mind me asking, do you use a sponge for applying anything? TIA

@wvumountiefan I’m not fond of sponges. If a brush won’t do, I use my fingers. 😉

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Love TM's brushes and the #64 slanted blush is a FAVE..have 3 of them.

Use for blush only.

Her bronzer brush is another huge FAVE...applies so lightly.

Perfection.

BB's sheer powder brush is great for highlight powders or anything you want a sheer application..but you may know this as we tend to like the same brushes Smiley Happy

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@Shanus

Love TM's brushes and the #64 slanted blush is a FAVE..have 3 of them.

Use for blush only.

Her bronzer brush is another huge FAVE...applies so lightly.

Perfection.

BB's sheer powder brush is great for highlight powders or anything you want a sheer application..but you may know this as we tend to like the same brushes Smiley Happy

@mimi5775  😜