Honored Contributor

The WESTMORE 10 in 1 Coverage Perfector w/ Highlighter only comes in 3 shades. What?

Respected Contributor

Re: WESTMORE BEAUTY?

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

The WESTMORE 10 in 1 Coverage Perfector w/ Highlighter only comes in 3 shades. What?

It comes in a whopping four shades - one must have been sold out when you looked. It's down to two shades now. I get it, it's still a small brand just starting out - but women come in more than 4 shades.

And don't get me started on why anyone would call the medium skintone 'natural'.

Respected Contributor

I can wear both Fair and Light. I am not a foundation wearer, but there are times I like a little coverage and this is perfect. 

Respected Contributor

I purchased the Westmore Body Coverage and understand it has to be applied to dry, non moisturized skin, no creams, lotions, or even razors with moisture pads.  My question is, can moisturizer be used after the Body Coverage product is set?  My skin looked very dry with just the Westmore product. 

Thanks! 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I purchased the Westmore Body Coverage and understand it has to be applied to dry, non moisturized skin, no creams, lotions, or even razors with moisture pads.  My question is, can moisturizer be used after the Body Coverage product is set?  My skin looked very dry with just the Westmore product. 

Thanks! 

No, the rep said not to use a moisturizer on it. @this is my nic That was the deal breaker for me when it was being offered as a TSV.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee

That's unfortunate!  So, the product covers blemishes, but looks dry which is quite aging.  They need to try for a different formula.  

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

Thanks! 

No, you cannot use any moisturizer before or after application THAT CONTAINS AN OIL.  Oil removes the product.  However, my understanding is you can use a moisturizer that does NOT contain any oil.  I think when it was the TSV recently someone (on the forums) said they actually mixed it with a moisturizer that didn't contain oil.  I do have the product and like it, but I have not tried adding a non-oil moisturizer either before or after.  For me (I have fairly light skin), I only use a little of it to blend in a bit of a farmer tan.  One of the things I like about it is that you can build the coverage.  The previous product I had used, a Lorac product, you couldn't build the coverage.  It would start coming off if you tried to add more.  I don't feel like my skin is particularly dry looking, so haven't had a problem with the no moisturizer rule, but if I did I would at least try it using one without oil in it.  I'm just glad I can now wear my shorter sleeves again.

Honored Contributor

Now I heard the rep say that you can use some moisurizer with it for your body if you didn't want heavy coverage and also a few drops in foundation for your face. I have the golden and really haven't tried it yet. Put some on my arm and hand and it covered well and was not drying.

Respected Contributor

Didn't know this was a new small company starting out - I thought Westmore had a long history in the movie industry?  Or am I thinking of a different one?

Honored Contributor

@HerRoyaLioness wrote:

Didn't know this was a new small company starting out - I thought Westmore had a long history in the movie industry?  Or am I thinking of a different one?

@HerRoyaLioness   I understood that her family goes way back doing makeup for movie stars, but these “tricks of the trade” are now being made available to the pubic.