Respected Contributor

Re: WEN volumizing treatment spray

On 7/14/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/14/2014 KJPA said:

Here's the list of the VTS ingredients from the GR site. I am a member because I signed up to get my SIL started. Long story.... Smiley Wink Anyway, here it is for the Sweet Almond Mint VTS:

Water (Aqua), Polyester-5, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Phytantriol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol

oh that is awesome information, thanks so much! I actually like those ingredients a bit better. Smiley Happy

I like them better, too. Thanks for posting the ingredients KJPA.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Hilary77 said:
On 7/14/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/14/2014 KJPA said:

Here's the list of the VTS ingredients from the GR site. I am a member because I signed up to get my SIL started. Long story.... Smiley Wink Anyway, here it is for the Sweet Almond Mint VTS:

Water (Aqua), Polyester-5, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Phytantriol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol

oh that is awesome information, thanks so much! I actually like those ingredients a bit better. Smiley Happy

I like them better, too. Thanks for posting the ingredients KJPA.

well maybe if we are lucky, the BGT formula (or one of the other ones he doesn't have out yet) will be more similar to this one? Maybe? Smile

Contributor

I've never used the VTS as a hair spray, but I do love using it for volume Smile I use the VTS mixed with SC and a few drops of oil as part of my leave-in products, after I cleanse my hair. I use between 4 - 6 spritzes and I do find it a little drying when I don't add a few drops of oil to it, but my hair craves moisture, so others may not share this issue.

I also use the VTS on the roots on the crown of my head on days that I don't cleanse, to give me extra lift there. I spritz the VTS onto my finger tips (normally about 2 or 3 spritzes) and then rub it into my roots after I've dampened my hair with RTM. I then leave my hair to air dry as normal. I find that it gives me just the right amount of volume, without turning my hair into 'big hair' (which doesn't suit me at all!).

I've only used the SAM VTS (this stuff lasts forever! lol) and I haven't used the mousse yet, so I can't say how it is when used with the mousse, but I hope this helps Smile

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Kjelle said: I've used GR SAM VTS and Q POM VTS and not seen any difference with dryness. Neither dries me out, if that helps at all.

I've noticed a big difference between GR and Q VTS, but I had Q LAV VTS and found it really drying. I like the GR SAM VTS much better--doesn't dry my hair at all. Maybe some formulas are more drying than others? Especially since LAV CC tends to be drying for a lot of people.