Respected Contributor

Re: WEN volumizing treatment spray

I use it only as a "hairspray", but I water it down by half. No problems w/dryness...don't know if that's because I water it down. It sure helps with the cost, though!

Respected Contributor

On 7/14/2014 HappyDaze said:

well, you all make a convincing argument for trying it at least although I don't really need volume or hold, lol. The only thing stopping me at this point is that the 3 formulas out so far all have the drying kid of alcohol and witch hazel, two things that are very drying so it makes me nervous. It wouldn't be bad if used once in awhile I suppose but I don't know, they are both so high on the list, especially if mixed with SHP SC, which is pretty darn moisturizing?

Maybe, just maybe, the bgt might be a slightly different formulation, but I could be just wishful thinking here. Smiley Happy

I wish Chaz would do a volumizing treatment spray without the SD alcohol. The Guthy Renker version of VTS doesn't have SD alcohol. I wish he would make a formula for qvc like that. I'm not sure about witch hazel in the Guthy Renker version. My mother in law has the GR VTS. I checked out the ingredients last time I was there. She has the GR Sam VTS.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

Maybe he reformulated it when he developed the new scents? (Fingers crossed for you HD and glad you found an idea to use the VTS so it won't go to waste in your kit!!)

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I bought it to try as hairspray and it did not work. It undid my hairstyling. Lol. However, I do use it as a root booster to give my hair volume and it works great.
Respected Contributor

I don't think I would buy it. I almost never used hairspray and don't think that I really need it. It may be a great product but unless it is included in a tsv, I will probably never have a chance to try it.

Honored Contributor

Hilary, interesting about the GR one not having SD alcohol in them! Hmm....Well I went to the GR website and they don't have the VTM listed on their website so I can't check out the ingredients but even if it at least cut out the SD alcohol, I'd be happier. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Here's the list of the VTS ingredients from the GR site. I am a member because I signed up to get my SIL started. Long story.... Smiley Wink Anyway, here it is for the Sweet Almond Mint VTS:

Water (Aqua), Polyester-5, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Phytantriol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol

KJPA
Respected Contributor

I've used GR SAM VTS and Q POM VTS and not seen any difference with dryness. Neither dries me out, if that helps at all.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 KJPA said:

Here's the list of the VTS ingredients from the GR site. I am a member because I signed up to get my SIL started. Long story.... Smiley Wink Anyway, here it is for the Sweet Almond Mint VTS:

Water (Aqua), Polyester-5, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Algae Extract, Panthenol, Phytantriol, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, Ethylhexylglycerin, Aminomethyl Propanol, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Citronellol, Coumarin, Eugenol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol

oh that is awesome information, thanks so much! I actually like those ingredients a bit better. Smiley Happy

Regular Contributor

I so happy about this post! I wasn't planning on ordering bc I'm stocked up on remoist and didn't think if have use for VTS bc I never use hair spray but now I am excited to try them on my curls! And I can just stock up some more on remoist since I use it as leave in. Wouldn't wanna pay full price for it Smiley Wink