Super Contributor

WEN "Oil" vs. WEN "Treatment Oil"

I bought oil from Chaz's site last week. I chose the five-piece set of one-ouncers because I wanted the opportunity to try out the different formulas. I also bought another 4-oz bottle of SOB oil because that stuff is the *bomb*.

Anyway, I noticed these small bottles only say "Oil" on them. They do not say "Treatment Oil." Also, the scent in each is VERY strong.

So--are they the same as the ones marked "Treatment Oil"? Or are they the earlier incarnation of oils? Or does he make different kinds? The directions say they can be used in the bath, on the body, or in the hair.

And the person who packed the shipment actually put my invoice into the booklet on the oils page, which I thought was a nice touch!

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

I, too, was perplexed with this.

WEN "Oil" is just jojoba oil & essential oils.

WEN "Treatment Oil" is jojoba oil & 10 other oils...and 2 ingredients I can't pronounce (chemical).

I bought the small ounce oils a while back for facial oils. Treatment oils would be too harsh...to many ingredients. Glad he still offers regular oils.

Super Contributor

The only ingredients in the Treatment Oils that aren't immediately seen as oils are Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, which is a fatty acid from coconut oil, and tocopherol, which is Vitamin E.

The Treatment Oils are the reformulated oils with a blend of essential oils and carrier oils, rather than the original oils which are jojoba and the essential oil blend. The original oils are being phased out.

I use the Treatment Oils on my face and personally don't find them too strong, but I know everyone is different.

Respected Contributor

On 5/21/2014 okiebug said:

The only ingredients in the Treatment Oils that aren't immediately seen as oils are Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, which is a fatty acid from coconut oil, and tocopherol, which is Vitamin E.

The Treatment Oils are the reformulated oils with a blend of essential oils and carrier oils, rather than the original oils which are jojoba and the essential oil blend. The original oils are being phased out.

I use the Treatment Oils on my face and personally don't find them too strong, but I know everyone is different.

I wonder why.

Honored Contributor

I love the original oils. I wish he'd keep them. Once I run out of the original tea tree, I will be making my own. I soooo wish he'd bring them back! I really cannot use the new oils- they are too strongly scented for me with competing scents and also they contain things I don't like to put on my skin, like eucalyptus. Oh well, ya wins some ya lose some.

Honored Contributor

On 5/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I wonder why.

My understanding is that there came a time when there was a shortage of jojoba oil (I think) so they came up with an alternate plan and the new formula oils were born. In the transition, all the old oils were marked way down to 4 oz/$20. I stocked up on a bunch of Tea Tree.

Honored Contributor

The set of 5 oils on his site list "Cold Pressed Golden and Jojoba and Essential Oils" as the ingredients and are listed as the Bath, Body and Hair Oils and not as Treatment Oils.

The treatment oils are listed as Treatment Oils and contain a variety of carrier oils, including Sesame, Olive, Argan and Abyssinian oils. They also have two scents, like Lavender Mint instead of Lavender.

Honored Contributor

On 5/21/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

The set of 5 oils on his site list "Cold Pressed Golden and Jojoba and Essential Oils" as the ingredients and are listed as the Bath, Body and Hair Oils and not as Treatment Oils.

The treatment oils are listed as Treatment Oils and contain a variety of carrier oils, including Sesame, Olive, Argan and Abyssinian oils. They also have two scents, like Lavender Mint instead of Lavender.

the set of 5 on his site are the original oils???

Respected Contributor

On 5/21/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 5/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:

I wonder why.

My understanding is that there came a time when there was a shortage of jojoba oil (I think) so they came up with an alternate plan and the new formula oils were born. In the transition, all the old oils were marked way down to 4 oz/$20. I stocked up on a bunch of Tea Tree.

I don't think they were marked down. That was their original pricepoint. I do remember reading something about it being due to a supply/cost issue with the organic jojoba. I was just getting into WEN at the time of the transition and there was a lot of discussion here about how much more expensive the new oils were and why, and how the old oils would be going away, never to return.

Respected Contributor

On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 5/21/2014 ChynnaBlue said:

The set of 5 oils on his site list "Cold Pressed Golden and Jojoba and Essential Oils" as the ingredients and are listed as the Bath, Body and Hair Oils and not as Treatment Oils.<br /> <br /> The treatment oils are listed as Treatment Oils and contain a variety of carrier oils, including Sesame, Olive, Argan and Abyssinian oils. They also have two scents, like Lavender Mint instead of Lavender.

the set of 5 on his site are the original oils???

Yes, they are the original oils. But they're much more expensive than they used to be...$62.50 for 5-1oz bottles ($12.50/oz, when they used to be $5/oz in the 4oz bottles).