Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

Thanks! I am confused- they are 1 oz each, correct? If so, that is not too bad because my organic tea tree for .25 oz is about $6 so $12.50 for each doesn't seem too bad since I don't think I could make it for that amount?

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,124
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks! I am confused- they are 1 oz each, correct? If so, that is not too bad because my organic tea tree for .25 oz is about $6 so $12.50 for each doesn't seem too bad since I don't think I could make it for that amount?

Yes, 1oz each. Is that just the pure TT essential oil or is it in a carrier oil too?

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,560
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks! I am confused- they are 1 oz each, correct? If so, that is not too bad because my organic tea tree for .25 oz is about $6 so $12.50 for each doesn't seem too bad since I don't think I could make it for that amount?

http://chazdean.com/p-101-bath-body-hair-oil-1-oz-set-of-five.aspx

live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,570
Registered: ‎06-13-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks! I am confused- they are 1 oz <em>each</em>, correct? If so, that is not too bad because my organic tea tree for .25 oz is about $6 so $12.50 for each doesn't seem too bad since I don't think I could make it for that amount?

Yes, 1oz each. Is that just the pure TT essential oil or is it in a carrier oil too?

Yes, pure TT (organic). Then I would mix it with my organic jojoba oil which is $11.50 for 4 oz. I think someone's recipe says it would be a 3:1 with jojoba to tea tree but I can't remember now. I'd have to do the math to see for sure but seems like it might not be too much more than I could make or even cheaper. I know, I miss those $20 4oz bottles! Smiley Sad It tends to be cheaper per oz purchasing in larger quantities.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,124
Registered: ‎07-05-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 5/21/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks! I am confused- they are 1 oz <em>each</em>, correct? If so, that is not too bad because my organic tea tree for .25 oz is about $6 so $12.50 for each doesn't seem too bad since I don't think I could make it for that amount?

Yes, 1oz each. Is that just the pure TT essential oil or is it in a carrier oil too?

Yes, pure TT (organic). Then I would mix it with my organic jojoba oil which is $11.50 for 4 oz. I think someone's recipe says it would be a 3:1 with jojoba to tea tree but I can't remember now. I'd have to do the math to see for sure but seems like it might not be too much more than I could make or even cheaper. I know, I miss those $20 4oz bottles! Smiley Sad It tends to be cheaper per oz purchasing in larger quantities.

Ah, gotcha...I wasn't sure of the proportions. If the math works out (and it sounds like it could, depending on the recipe) then I suppose the only downside is having to buy all 5 if the TT is the only one you want. I know, me too Smiley Sad


Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,149
Registered: ‎04-02-2014

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

I may have to buy the SOB oil on Chaz's site. I never would have thought of purchasing it from his site. It is sold out everywhere else.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,143
Registered: ‎04-18-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

I make my own TT blend and use 30 drops of essential oil per 1oz of carrier oil. I use a blend of jojoba, sweet almond oil and argan oil for my carrier oils.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,932
Registered: ‎10-03-2011

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 5/21/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:
On 5/21/2014 RedConvertibleGirl said:
On 5/21/2014 okiebug said:

The only ingredients in the Treatment Oils that aren't immediately seen as oils are Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, which is a fatty acid from coconut oil, and tocopherol, which is Vitamin E.

The Treatment Oils are the reformulated oils with a blend of essential oils and carrier oils, rather than the original oils which are jojoba and the essential oil blend. The original oils are being phased out.

I use the Treatment Oils on my face and personally don't find them too strong, but I know everyone is different.

I wonder why.

My understanding is that there came a time when there was a shortage of jojoba oil (I think) so they came up with an alternate plan and the new formula oils were born. In the transition, all the old oils were marked way down to 4 oz/$20. I stocked up on a bunch of Tea Tree.

I don't think they were marked down. That was their original pricepoint. I do remember reading something about it being due to a supply/cost issue with the organic jojoba. I was just getting into WEN at the time of the transition and there was a lot of discussion here about how much more expensive the new oils were and why, and how the old oils would be going away, never to return.

I disagree. The original 4 oz. bottles were more than $20 (closer to $50), but were reduced to $20 when the new ones were introduced.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,055
Registered: ‎12-10-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 5/21/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 5/21/2014 HappyDaze said:

Thanks! I am confused- they are 1 oz <em>each</em>, correct? If so, that is not too bad because my organic tea tree for .25 oz is about $6 so $12.50 for each doesn't seem too bad since I don't think I could make it for that amount?

Yes, 1oz each. Is that just the pure TT essential oil or is it in a carrier oil too?

Yes, pure TT (organic). Then I would mix it with my organic jojoba oil which is $11.50 for 4 oz. I think someone's recipe says it would be a 3:1 with jojoba to tea tree but I can't remember now. I'd have to do the math to see for sure but seems like it might not be too much more than I could make or even cheaper. I know, I miss those $20 4oz bottles! Smiley Sad It tends to be cheaper per oz purchasing in larger quantities.

HappyDaze, I just checked Chaz's website and the Body, Bath and Hair Oil 1oz - Set of Five (which included SAM, TT, FIG, LAV & CA) is a jojoba oil and essential oil blend. It's not five bottles of pure essential oils. I've listed the product description from Chaz's site at the end of this post.

This five bottle set has been around for quite a while. When Chaz first introduced the newer Treatment Oils, initially he also had two separate (3) 1oz. bottle sets of Treatment Oils that were available for (I think) a featured price of aprox. $40 which went up to $46 later on. Unfortunately these Treatment Oil sets were discontinued about a year ago which was a shame because it gave people a less expensive way to try out the various Treatment Oils.

For a DIY oil mix, most places recommend using 95% carrier oil (such as jojoba, sweet almond, avocado, sesame, etc.) with a maximum combined total of not more than 5% essential oils because essential oils can irritate/burn your skin. I actually use a 90% jojoba oil to 10% tea tree oil blend but I moved up to that concentration slowly over time. You have to be very careful. I've read that too much of a concentration of essential oils can even kill hair follicles.

-- bebe Smile

--

from Chaz's site - description of the Body, Bath and Hair Oil 1oz - Set of Five

Our Bath, Body & Hair Oils are made from the highest quality Cold Pressed Golden Jojoba and essential oils, leaving hair, scalp and body soft and supple. Their powerful essential properties help restore the mind, body and spirit. These oils absorb quickly into the scalp, skin and hair, leaving no oily residue behind. A healthy scalp is the foundation for healthy hair, and the WEN® Bath, Body and Hair Oils assist in achieving that.

--

Super Contributor
Posts: 364
Registered: ‎06-08-2012

Re: WEN ""Oil"" vs. WEN ""Treatment Oil""

On 5/21/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I wonder why.

My understanding is that there came a time when there was a shortage of jojoba oil (I think) so they came up with an alternate plan and the new formula oils were born. In the transition, all the old oils were marked way down to 4 oz/$20. I stocked up on a bunch of Tea Tree.

*This!!

From time to time, the original formula pops up at the Q or on the Chaz studio website....I stockup every time I see one!lol