Respected Contributor

WEN or Tweak'ed cleansing conditioner???

I have used WEN but wondered how is Tweaked cleansing conditioner?  Just looking for something new and less pricey.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN or Tweak'ed cleansing conditioner???

For me Wen is much more conditioning and Tweaked is more volume and a little more drying.  They are both good in their own way.

Respected Contributor

T'Weaked cleansing conditioner is $15 for 3 ounces (the smallest single) for the cheapest formula and the prices go up from there.

WEN Cleansing Conditioner is $29 for 16 ounces.

T'weaked is newer, but it's definitely not less pricey.

If you want a good cleansing conditioner for less money, I recommend:

As I Am Coconut Cowash, which is about $8 for 16 ounces

DevaCurl No-Poo, which is $24 for 12 ounces

Love Beauty and Planet Shea Butter and Sandalwood Cleansing Conditioner - $8 for 16 ounces

AG Cleansing Cream - $24 for 12 ounces

Paul Mitchell Lavender Mint Moisturizing Cowash - $28 for 16.9 ounces

Pura d'or Cleansing Conditioner - $20 for 16 ounces

L'Oreal EverPure Cleansing Balm - $12 for 16.9 ounces

I really like the As I Am Coconut Cowash, but I have to alternate it with something else because of the coconut oil. Coconut oil has a smaller molecule than other oils and penetrates the hair shaft, but that leaves less room for water to get into the hair shaft. As much as the Tweaked Guy says you need to add a cleansing conditioner first to keep more water out of your hair, your hair needs water. Hydration = water. If your hair doesn't get enough hydration, it can turn dry and brittle. As long as I alternate it with another product that does allow my hair to absorb water, that Coconut Cowash is fantastic.

Respected Contributor

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Return policy right now goet out to the end of Jan, I would pick up some Tweak'd and just see how it is on your hair and then decide which you like best, there are no rules, maybe some days you might like to use the Tweak'd while others you want to use your Wen based on how your hair feels  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

T'Weaked cleansing conditioner is $15 for 3 ounces (the smallest single) for the cheapest formula and the prices go up from there.

WEN Cleansing Conditioner is $29 for 16 ounces.

T'weaked is newer, but it's definitely not less pricey.

I don't think this pricing is totally accurate.  Yes, the small Tweak'd is $15, but the 16oz is $40 (wild summer apricot) and WEN 16oz is $29 (classic) - $36 (seasonal).  I'd say that it is pretty comparable or even a bit less expensive, because you don't need to use as much.

I use and like both, but remember they each make a number of different products and all products won't necessarily work the same for you.

Respected Contributor

I'm one of those unlucky people who's hair started to fall out using WEN.  I have no problems with Tweak-d.  I love the Tweak-d products.  

Super Contributor

WEN slowed down my bathtub draining....it’s so thick.

And I never used as much as instructed.

Tweaked is similar to his previous OJON line...of which I still have some Tawaka products!

Ive been waiting to try the chocolate face n body cream....yummy!

Respected Contributor

@JumpTheRope It is odd that you speak of slow drains.   We had a plumber over and he rented a electric rooter from Home Depot and said it looked like a dead rat at first when he flushed our lines.  It was my dark hair!  This is exactly why I quit Wen products.

Regular Contributor

WEN also caused lots of hair loss for me. I just recently started using curlsmith cowash and I have to say I love it. It’s natural and no silicone. I have wavy hair and tried devacurl, too drying for me.