Honored Contributor

Has anyone used the replenishing mist on her cat(s)? I'm tempted! Wink

New Contributor

I spray the replenishing mist on my cat every day- coat is so shiny. 

Honored Contributor

Oh Please!!! Cat's aren't supposed to be sprayed with anything!!! They will ingest it for Pete's sake!! Don't be spraying your cat!!

"Pure Michigan"
New Contributor

dogs lick themselves too you don't see them having adverse events.  My cat has been sprayed with the replenshing mist daily for 2 years and is very healthly.

Respected Contributor

I would not use my hair care products on my dog, cat or any animal.

Valued Contributor

Re: WEN on cats

[ Edited ]

Please do not put anything on your cat that is not vet-approved. My vet has a large poster on his wall that lists the various toxic ingredients for both cats and dogs.  Top on that highly-toxic list are "essential oils" for cats, including tea tree, lavender, peppermint, thyme, etc. ... I don't recall them all, but I do recall the poster saying, "all essential oils that contain phenol" are toxic to cats because cats' livers can't metabolize what humans' livers can, so if you shampoo or spray your cats, they lick/ingest.  PLEASE talk to your vet before you put any products made for humans onto your cats!!

Honored Contributor

No I do not use the replenishing mist on my cats and I wouldn't recommend it. Cats groom their fur much more than dogs and I wouldn't want them ingesting the ingredients. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

Cats are a whole different program than dogs, I wouldn't put anything on my cats. Unless they have an underlying health issue, most cats take really good care of their coats themselves.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Trusted Contributor

I also would never spray anything like on my cat!  I would never want them to ingest that.

Super Contributor

Re: WEN on cats

[ Edited ]

@JTM wrote:

dogs lick themselves too you don't see them having adverse events.  My cat has been sprayed with the replenshing mist daily for 2 years and is very healthly.

Dogs and cats have completely different systems. Dogs' livers can metabolize essential oils, while cats' livers can't metabolize many essential oils.

And just because your cat hasn't had any issues so far is not proof that there have been no ill effects.  Unfortunately, a cat who sustains liver damage caused by the inability to metabolize essential oils often doesn't show symptoms until it's too late and it can take years for the oils to build up to toxic levels. Google essential oils and toxicity in cats and you will see plenty of reputable sources to back this up. Please, please, don't use any products containing essential oils on your cat without checking with your vet first.