Regular Contributor

Chaz is so great about all natural and healthy ingredients and is always commenting on how long hair color lasts with his cleansing conditioner. Wouldn't it be the greatest thing on the planet if he came out with an at home hair color line ?!!!

Regular Contributor

I agree with you.  I really wish he would launch a home hair color line.  

Honored Contributor

I have to disagree.  Hair coloring takes knowledge and talent, it's more than opening a box, mixing up a couple of things and smearing it on your head.  A good colorist knows how to factor skintone into the mix, what your natural color is, what color you want to get it to, and what needs to be done to acheive that.  A good colorist has the knowledge and ability to mix specific amounts of more than one color to acheive the correct look.  He/she also knows specific application techniques in order to achieve a particular look (highlights, ombre, etc.).  Chaz Dean has built a reputation for himself.  Assuming there would be a color line, if the amature at-home chooses the wrong color or really makes a mess of things and someone else sees it (someone in the public or a stylist who may have to fix it), I can see that having a direct reflection on CD's reputation rather than the reality of it being user error.  Let your stylist do your color work.