Respected Contributor

Re: WEN: giving me the confidence to give up coloring my hair

I support anyone's decision to allow their natural color to shine through. We are made with the color hair that best suits our skin color, even when it starts to change color as we get older. I tried everything from blonde to red to dark brown, but I get the most compliments on my appearance when I let my hair be the color I was born with.

Super Contributor

I stopped coloring my hair about 4 months ago and I do keep my hair very short, I'm probably 70 or 80 % gray! well really white and my white just sparkles! I use Tea Tree for the first cleanse and either a seasonal or Bamboo Green Tea for the second, plus 613 every once in awhile.
Super Contributor

I would love to grow out my color. Mine is dyed medium brown to match what it used to be, it I have a lot of white on top. Wearing it gray doesn't scare me but the growing out process sure does and my hair is very short. I started going gray in my 30's so I haven't seen my own color since then except in roots.
Contributor

On 6/29/2014 luvthatboxer said: I would love to grow out my color. Mine is dyed medium brown to match what it used to be, it I have a lot of white on top. Wearing it gray doesn't scare me but the growing out process sure does and my hair is very short. I started going gray in my 30's so I haven't seen my own color since then except in roots.
Since your hair very short and probably grows fast courtesy of your WEN regimen, maybe you want to give it a try now? I know I frequently wear a hat in the summer sun, so maybe it will help with the growing out process? One thing s for sure...if you are using WEN, you have beautiful hair, regardless.
Contributor

On 6/29/2014 Angel1948 said: I stopped coloring my hair about 4 months ago and I do keep my hair very short, I'm probably 70 or 80 % gray! well really white and my white just sparkles! I use Tea Tree for the first cleanse and either a seasonal or Bamboo Green Tea for the second, plus 613 every once in awhile.
Tell me how has the growing out experience been for you? Any traumatic moments? Thank you for sharing.
Contributor

On 6/29/2014 Favorite Son said:

I support anyone's decision to allow their natural color to shine through. We are made with the color hair that best suits our skin color, even when it starts to change color as we get older. I tried everything from blonde to red to dark brown, but I get the most compliments on my appearance when I let my hair be the color I was born with.

I am going to try and live that philosophy. Thank you for the support.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/29/2014 yiggy said: All opinions are welcome and so appreciated. I am hoping to have the freeing feeling and not the looking beyond my years feeling. Either way, it will be an experience. For those who are gray...is there a WEN formula that works best for you...that is.. Does a particular formula bring out the best in your gray color?

Wen makes your grays brighter.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

On 6/29/2014 wetdragon said:

I am about 50% gray and it is about 3 inches grown out. I like it so far and will do the trim/grow - repeat - until it grows all the way out. My mother had pure white hair, but mine is more gray/white mix.

Do what you think works for you,

Woo hoo! I am hoping I have my mother's silver hair. So far, I am thinking that I will be a white and gray Wenner, too.
Contributor

Congrats on your decision Yiggy!! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I've been getting the odd gray hair come in for several years, but I'm fortunate that they don't stay long (at the moment, anyway! lol).

I have noticed that since I've been using Wen, my gray hairs are now more silvery in colour and also that they aren't wiry like they were before. I'm thinking that I might try going gray naturally as I'm kinda liking my "natural highlights", but I'm reserving the right to change my mind at any time Wink lol

Honored Contributor

Not a WEN girl, I'm intrigued and some day I'll give it a try. I've done conditioner washing for years. Anyway, you can't know what your gray will look like until you try it out. I just love the look of very dark hair with silver threads running through it. I have thick nearly black hair and I stopped coloring for a while last winter. I'm 54 and I started going gray in my late 30's, I had not accounted for that....silly me. I'm probably 70% Gray under the color and the gray wasn't threads or streaks, it was patches. I'd look like Cruella Deville if I went gray now. Hopefully your result will thrill you. I love the look of a confident, cool, trendy woman with a very a modern hair cut and.....silver in her hair.