Esteemed Contributor

Re: WEN as a leave in conditioner only was a pleasant surprise

Ditto.

Super Contributor

Just wanted to say good morning and thank you to all who responded here. I took the advice of using it more than once and have to say that after three washing with the Sweet Almond Mint my hair is looking so much better. Way softer and less frizzy for sure. I guess I really wasn't giving it a chance or maybe applying it correctly. I was so nervous to use the 1 pump as a leave in after washing twice with it. Figured I'd be a greasy mess. That did not happen to my delight. I even took a leap and pre-ordered the upcoming TS of Mandarin Fig after reading the great reviews. Now I want Tea Tree...and the seasonals... I think I want it all! lol... Have a great day and thanks again for the very helpful posts..

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/6/2015 Catbelly said:

LOL - I must be the only person where using WEN as a leave-in and/or using styling cream doesn't work. I tired using more, using less and still no go - my hair would look dried out and I noticed more breakage. I'm a long time WEN user and now use the Bamboo just to cleanse and condition.. The other formulas just didn't do it for me and I tried all kinds of combos.

you are not alone. I actually just do not have any luck with his styling products. I will use them from time to time because they came with previous kits and I just want to use them up but they do nothing for me.

That is why, I will not purchase any of the TSV's anymore. It's only a great value if you use the products. I just like the CC's so I purchase them solo now.

Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2015 icezeus said:

you are not alone. I actually just do not have any luck with his styling products. I will use them from time to time because they came with previous kits and I just want to use them up but they do nothing for me.

That is why, I will not purchase any of the TSV's anymore. It's only a great value if you use the products. I just like the CC's so I purchase them solo now.

In the beginning, when Chaz created Wen, all you needed was the cleansing conditioners because CCs did it all.

(In the beginning, when God created man, .......)

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use WEN but I do have a question. I read these forums where ladies tried quite a large number of products that did not work for them. Either it left their hair too dry or too oily or they didn't like the scent. They keep trying and usually find a favorite. Wen is not cheap. What do you do with all the product that didn't work if you have used say a third or half the bottle. Do you return it to QVC? Surely you don't keep it?
Valued Contributor

On 3/15/2015 KathyPet said: I don't use WEN but I do have a question. I read these forums where ladies tried quite a large number of products that did not work for them. Either it left their hair too dry or too oily or they didn't like the scent. They keep trying and usually find a favorite. Wen is not cheap. What do you do with all the product that didn't work if you have used say a third or half the bottle. Do you return it to QVC? Surely you don't keep it?
Some use it as body wash, facial cleanser, shaving cream, give it to someone else, use it on pets, return the product, and others mix it in with other formulas that are more moisturizing until the remainder is gone.
Frequent Contributor

My coworker said the same thing. I gave her a bottle of the spring orange blossom. She said it made her hair too limp and greasy. She decided to use it as a leave-in, and it works great.

Respected Contributor

On 3/6/2015 ForumOlivia said:

Thanks for sharing! I had the same problem with the huge lavender bottle I bought. Then used it as a conditioner only after shampooing. I rinsed it out and my hair was so shiny! I will try leaving it in to see what happens. I love the WEN replenishing mist and remember reading that someone made their own by combining conditioner with water. Might try that!

I copied this recipe if anyone is interested. This is one of several recipes to make your own homemade RTM.

RTM
In a spray bottle, mix
-6 oz bottled/distilled water
-4 pumps of 16oz WEN CC OR 2 pumps of 32oz CC OR 3 pumps of 16oz Seasonal CC OR 1 pump of 613 ETA from the 32oz or 2 pumps from the 613 16oz
-2-4 drops of WEN Oil (or to your liking/preference)
-2 pumps of your preferred Styling Cream (6oz)

For the DIY mist, make sure to use warm water and shake it really well or else the CC won't emulsify and will just sit on the bottom and clog up the spray. Also, my hair tends to be on the dry side so I add the oil to my (regular) mist b/c it doesn't really give me enough moisture. I have been thinking about outing the oil in a spray bottle as well b/c when I do my oil treatments, I hate having to put it in my hands in order to cover my length.

Make sure to use warm water. If you want to read more posts about this you can do an advanced search for RTM recipe.

Super Contributor

You ladies were so right in saying just try different things and see what works. Today I used my regular sulfate free shampoo and the WEN SAM as my conditioner. I did not use it as a leave-in. Just skipped that part. My hair looks wonderful and is bouncy and so soft. I'm going to try different things and mix it up. This could get pricey. haha.... oh oh.... Thanks for the wonderful advice. Including that make your own spray idea. Awesome!

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 susan25 said:
On 3/6/2015 ForumOlivia said:

Thanks for sharing! I had the same problem with the huge lavender bottle I bought. Then used it as a conditioner only after shampooing. I rinsed it out and my hair was so shiny! I will try leaving it in to see what happens. I love the WEN replenishing mist and remember reading that someone made their own by combining conditioner with water. Might try that!

I copied this recipe if anyone is interested. This is one of several recipes to make your own homemade RTM.

RTM
In a spray bottle, mix
-6 oz bottled/distilled water
-4 pumps of 16oz WEN CC OR 2 pumps of 32oz CC OR 3 pumps of 16oz Seasonal CC OR 1 pump of 613 ETA from the 32oz or 2 pumps from the 613 16oz
-2-4 drops of WEN Oil (or to your liking/preference)
-2 pumps of your preferred Styling Cream (6oz)

For the DIY mist, make sure to use warm water and shake it really well or else the CC won't emulsify and will just sit on the bottom and clog up the spray. Also, my hair tends to be on the dry side so I add the oil to my (regular) mist b/c it doesn't really give me enough moisture. I have been thinking about outing the oil in a spray bottle as well b/c when I do my oil treatments, I hate having to put it in my hands in order to cover my length.

Make sure to use warm water. If you want to read more posts about this you can do an advanced search for RTM recipe.

Just wanted to report on my first experience making RTM. I decided that I really liked the results and will definitely make this again. I used WCM and mixed it with 613 SC, (I don't have WCM SC and don't believe that it was ever offered). I used a couple of sprays this morning before styling my hair and was very happy with the results.