Contributor

I found an old thread on another forum about Wen and psoriasis, with some people feeling it helped their scalp psoriasis and others not. I was interested because I've been using Wen on a regular basis for several months and have recently noticed scaly bumps on my scalp here and there. It occurred to me that it might be the Wen, since I've never had anything like this before and am in my mid-60s. I rinse very thoroughly, and do leave in a bit of the CC and also add a few drops of the treatment oil. I also use the treatment oil on my scalp overnight about once a week. I might try going off Wen for a while to see if it makes any difference. Anyone else out there with this possible problem?

Contributor

I just want to clarify that I know Wen can't cause psoriasis, and I don't know whether or not the scaly bumps on my scalp are psoriasis or something else. I just wondered whether anyone else had bumps like that appear after using Wen for a while. It probably makes sense for me to stop using Wen and see whether it makes a difference.

Respected Contributor
I've suffered with psoriasis since I was little. It is an auto immune disease and its hereditary. I know you said that you knew Wen could not cause psoriasis and you are correct. I would stop using it for a while and see what happens. It could be a reaction to an ingredient in the Wen. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor

If you want to continue using WEN - I would try just using the TT CC on the scalp area and TT Oil as an overnight treatment. You can use the WEN TT Oil or mix a pure TT Oil with a carrier oil. You can google Tea Tree and psoriasis - some people do think it works...

Respected Contributor
On 1/6/2015 wvumountiefan said: I've suffered with psoriasis since I was little. It is an auto immune disease and its hereditary. I know you said that you knew Wen could not cause psoriasis and you are correct. I would stop using it for a while and see what happens. It could be a reaction to an ingredient in the Wen. Smiley Happy

I agree with the above post and that you may be allergic to some of the ingredients in Wen. I have read many threads about some who have tried Wen and had to stop using it since they were having a reaction to some of the ingredients. If you want to continue to use Wen you should probably consult a doctor and find out if you are allergic to some of the ingredients.

Respected Contributor

The oil works on my skin conditions that I develop in the winter. i tend to get scaley skin in patches and it heals it up over time

Respected Contributor

psoriasis is an auto immune disease and Wen simply cannot cause it. It's not contagious too. Like another poster said, some can be allergic to something in Wen and if so like it says on every Wen item just discontinue use.

Respected Contributor
On 1/6/2015 wvumountiefan said: I've suffered with psoriasis since I was little. It is an auto immune disease and its hereditary. I know you said that you knew Wen could not cause psoriasis and you are correct. I would stop using it for a while and see what happens. It could be a reaction to an ingredient in the Wen. Smiley Happy

Didn't see your post but you're right. Did not mean to repeat you. Sorry about your condition. It must be very trying for you.

Honored Contributor

I have eczema and dermatitis. I was told by my derm to not use Wen as it was causing a buildup and I was scratching terribly. I used it for awhile, but I had to stop. I don't think it would be good for psoriasis. My derm told me that no wonder I was scratching terribly. She said my scalp was not clean and had a film on it.

I think the Wen girls' hair looks great, and I think their hair looks super healthy. I just can't use it due to eczema.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I had terrible eczema on my scalp for many years. My dermatologist gave me a prescription that I applied and it did nothing to help. When I switched from shampoo's to Wen Pom my scalp completely cleared up. Don't know if it was the SLS in shampoo's or if they contained wheat extract that was causing the eczema. I only use the soy based, wheat free Wen formula's.