Super Contributor

I love tea tree and like DoxieMomma, would be fine if tea tree was the only hair product I had. I use it first cleanse to keep my scalp clear and healthy, moisturizes my hair. I love

Try it on your hair and see the results, maybe the results will override the scent.

Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love TT. It's my desert island product.

I do have to admit that when I first started using it over a year ago, I was not overly fond of the scent. I did not care because for years I had fought with an extremely dry scalp. I was the person that was always afraid to wear black and TT made it go away.

I noticed at some point that I did not smell anything anymore. I think we become use to scents after awhile. If you like the results then I would just push through it, if not then you should return the product.

Respected Contributor
Sorry, but I adore TT. And the eucalyptus in the oil the best ever. I am also one of those who likes menthol. It's unfortunate it didn't work out for you bc nothing does what TT does. It is miraculous. I agree with islandgirl, I don't do Fig for the gross smell.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I always warn people that have never smelled or used anything tea tree that tea tree has a strong, medicinal type scent. With that said, I rather like it. I don't like the new TT oil scent though as that is even more medicinal to me. I still use my old TT oil (just tea tree and jojoba oil) on my scalp. Hubby doesn't like the scent but he doesn't complain too much when I use it. I find the scent a bit invigorating. Smiley Happy

I certainly don't think it is the worst smelling WEN by any means- FAS wins that title. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I don't think I've ever been that turned off by a hair product scent in my life.

Respected Contributor
On 9/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

I always warn people that have never smelled or used anything tea tree that tea tree has a strong, medicinal type scent. With that said, I rather like it. I don't like the new TT oil scent though as that is even more medicinal to me. I still use my old TT oil (just tea tree and jojoba oil) on my scalp. Hubby doesn't like the scent but he doesn't complain too much when I use it. I find the scent a bit invigorating. Smiley Happy

I certainly don't think it is the worst smelling WEN by any means- FAS wins that title. {#emotions_dlg.w00t} I don't think I've ever been that turned off by a hair product scent in my life.

I definitely agree with you. Tea Tree does have a strong smell but I can use it. I also use the tea tree oil as an overnight treatment. It is a bit strong but I have gotten used to it. FAS was also the worst Wen product that I ever used. I just couldn't use it and did try mixing it with another formula. I gave it to a friend who uses Wen.

Contributor

Thanks to all of you for replies....I will have to give it more of a try.........guess I've had that first time experience with the scent......Someone mentioned to mix it.....but with what: one of the other scents? Thanks again!

Respected Contributor
On 9/8/2014 latenightlady said:

Thanks to all of you for replies....I will have to give it more of a try.........guess I've had that first time experience with the scent......Someone mentioned to mix it.....but with what: one of the other scents? Thanks again!

I suggest that you mix tea tree with another formula that you like. I like mixing it with the seasonal formulas but mixing it with any formula might work for you. Hopefully, this will help but everyone is different and some of us just can't tolerate some scents.

Super Contributor
On 9/8/2014 latenightlady said:

If you have a formula that has a lighter scent - SAM, POM, BGT - would cut the strength of the scent.

Esteemed Contributor
On 9/7/2014 HappyDaze said:

The first time I used the oil overnight, DH asked me if I went hiking because I smelled like trees.

Now, he says "What are you doing to your hair, babe? Oh, trees."

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor
I recommend you give it a chance. I had the same reaction too and it has become one of my favorites. The scent grows on you and it is a fresh clean scent. I always use it for my first cleanse with a seasonal or bamboo green tea. The combo of BGT and tea tree is fantastic so you may want to try it. Like others I would use that as my one and only scent too.