Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Products

[ Edited ]

@sonechko...Toby is doing great! He was soooooooo happy we came home from vacation. That was the longest we've ever left him (2.5 weeks). My husband actually came home 2 days earlier than I did, so he and Toby came to pick me up from the airport. He was so excited that he cried with joy! Everyone was looking at him as he was kissing me over and over and over! All the way home my husband kept saying, "I told you we were going to get mama!" Ahhhh...the love of a dog...just can't beat it!!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@sonechko wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

@sonechko

Hey friend,  we must have been typing at the same time.

Can't help it, but type, @Drythe!  How are you do'in my beautiful Lioness Friend? Heart

p.s. @Drythe,  I guess you missed another lovely thread from this morning - "WEN causes psoriosis"!!!  Was brought back to life from 6 years ago..... THAT was fun while lasted. Not long though - they poofed it completely. @HappyDaze and I, and some others REALLY enjoyed it. Too bad you missed that one.....

@sonechko

Had an MD appt. this AM.  Sorry to miss out.  Would much rather have been here!  I know you and @HappyDaze had things under control!

Glad we're all on the same team!  Get it?  Not that funny I know.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor
Yeah @Drythe. Not just fun, but a real blust! Funny it was too. Did your MD give you a good bill of health? Or else I gonna get him!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have used WEN for about 6 years.  I spent the extra money because my hair was getting very thin.  In addition to using WEN, I also started taking BIOTIN.  My hai came back and is just as thick on the top and the back as it always was.  The front and sides are a little thin but so was my mother.  I havve it cut to demphasize this area of hair.  

Even things that are natural can cause adverse affects.  We are all different.  I can't use various laundry detergents so I stick with 7th generation.  Bottom line is, we are all different,  There are many natural things that cause allergies in people, grasses, trees and poison ivy (had to throw that one in there).

The whole litigious society does need to get money just because there are ingredients in this world that doesn't agree with their chemistry.  

Wake up people.

Valued Contributor

I'm the OP of this particular thread, and have not particpated in the other threads referred to.

I see there are some very reasonable people responding, and some that are extremely reactive, maybe a little overprotective regarding the product.  If it has worked for you, that's good.

I wonder if the suits have resulted because of the way WEN was presented to them in the first place? 

I don't know if it's still done, but it was presented in a way that said if you use shampoo, etc., you are RUINING your hair, and only with this product can you have good, healthy hair.  It was a very, very strong approach.  After a while, I started to think he thought people were fools for not using it.  It got to the point where I stopped paying attention to it.

The inference that it isn't a shampoo (originally stated)  seems wierd to me.  You put it in, and rinse it out.  That's shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Anyway, I just suspect that with such a high pressure "guarantee" if you will, on how it's superior to anything else, didn't make many hopping mad when they had such disastrous results.

It really wouldn't hurt for the rep to mention once in a while that there are some people that can't use it, (especially when they go bald).  JMO

Honored Contributor

@Anniecamp wrote:

I'm the OP of this particular thread, and have not particpated in the other threads referred to.

I see there are some very reasonable people responding, and some that are extremely reactive, maybe a little overprotective regarding the product.  If it has worked for you, that's good.

I wonder if the suits have resulted because of the way WEN was presented to them in the first place? 

I don't know if it's still done, but it was presented in a way that said if you use shampoo, etc., you are RUINING your hair, and only with this product can you have good, healthy hair.  It was a very, very strong approach.  After a while, I started to think he thought people were fools for not using it.  It got to the point where I stopped paying attention to it.

The inference that it isn't a shampoo (originally stated)  seems wierd to me.  You put it in, and rinse it out.  That's shampoo, conditioner, etc.

Anyway, I just suspect that with such a high pressure "guarantee" if you will, on how it's superior to anything else, didn't make many hopping mad when they had such disastrous results.

It really wouldn't hurt for the rep to mention once in a while that there are some people that can't use it, (especially when they go bald).  JMO

Seriously? I don't even use the stuff, but I can't imagine why a rep should have to put out a disclaimer based on as yet unproved claims.

As for exaggerated claims, well, then there should be class action suits against almost every product.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Anniecamp wrote:

well then if we are going to do that, then ya better ask Philosophy reps to please mention once in awhile that there are some people that can't use the products as I've had some bad reactions from some of their products. Same with Pantene, Nick Chavez, Living Proof, Aveda, Origins, Algenist, ...I could go on and on

It wouldn't hurt if people would take a little personal responsibility and use common sense in that if you have an adverse reaction, stop using the product.

JMO

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Anniecamp wrote:

well then if we are going to do that, then ya better ask Philosophy reps to please mention once in awhile that there are some people that can't use the products as I've had some bad reactions from some of their products. Same with Pantene, Nick Chavez, Living Proof, Aveda, Origins, Algenist, ...I could go on and on

It wouldn't hurt if people would take a little personal responsibility and use common sense in that if you have an adverse reaction, stop using the product.

JMO

@HappyDaze

ITA

Sometimes personal responsibility and common sense seem to be in short supply.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Valued Contributor

It's pretty obvious that this topic would have been better discussed in person with people, perhaps in a coffee shope or in someone's kitchen.  It's impossible to convey the "tone of voice", etc. via the written word.  I like to think that there's not as much hostility in these posts as I'm reading, and vice versa.  Farewell thread.....

Honored Contributor

@Anniecamp

I don't know... to me the tone has been consistent from the start.