Respected Contributor

I am not a wenner but I tried everything and like the mousse and oils but the cleansing conditioners do nothing for me. You can use a cheaper cleansing conditioner with the same results. Even with other cleansing conditioners i still can not use it daily and need to use regular shampoo to feel truly clean. That is my opinion. All i can say is try it for yourself and you decide. I want to try niks stuff but have not yet for I already have more shampoo than i can use lol. I must have 2 years worth of shampoo lol

Trusted Contributor
On 9/18/2014 bruingirl said:
On 9/18/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/18/2014 Jacie said:

I am always leery of any "celebrity" who is hawking a product! Chaz Dean is no exception. His "story" is just that, his. You either buy it or not. My personal feeling is that his story is too expensive and doesn't make his hair look all that great. Because of that, I'm out!

I was under the impression that he was and still is a hair stylist, not a celebrity.

He is a hair stylist....when he's not traveling he is in the salon Thursday, Friday & Saturday doing hair...he posts pics on social media of before & afters, he posts videos of consultations with new clients....clearly some (not you SuzyQ) doesn't know who Chaz Dean really is in person...

This raises a question. Could Chaz really run a busy salon, doing hair 3 days a week and run a multi-million dollar company at the same time? This is not to bash Chaz, I think he's a lovely, sincere person and congratulate him on his success. But, he's not a chemist, so can't be the one in the laboratory formulating products, is probably not managing the production factory and shipping. There has to be a good sized staff behind this, or does GR run it? Is he just the "pretty face" put out front for telemarketing?

Shopping channels give us the impression that the person on air is running the business solo, because we only see that one face. It helps to sell product and build loyalty when customers feel a relationship with the person.

Trusted Contributor
I used almost all Wen flavors. Followed directions. But I just don't like the results. I do like Nick's products VERY much. But I now buy very little from Q because of shipping, handling, missing shipments, customer service, etc. I am a licensed cosmetologist so I can and do purchase "pro" products.
Trusted Contributor
On 9/18/2014 pas4116 said:
On 9/18/2014 Jacie said:

I am always leery of any "celebrity" who is hawking a product! Chaz Dean is no exception. His "story" is just that, his. You either buy it or not. My personal feeling is that his story is too expensive and doesn't make his hair look all that great. Because of that, I'm out!

I was under the impression that he was and still is a hair stylist, not a celebrity.

He is a hair stylist....when he's not traveling he is in the salon Thursday, Friday & Saturday doing hair...he posts pics on social media of before & afters, he posts videos of consultations with new clients....clearly some (not you SuzyQ) doesn't know who Chaz Dean really is in person...

This raises a question. Could Chaz really run a busy salon, doing hair 3 days a week and run a multi-million dollar company at the same time? This is not to bash Chaz, I think he's a lovely, sincere person and congratulate him on his success. But, he's not a chemist, so can't be the one in the laboratory formulating products, is probably not managing the production factory and shipping. There has to be a good sized staff behind this, or does GR run it? Is he just the "pretty face" put out front for telemarketing?

Shopping channels give us the impression that the person on air is running the business solo, because we only see that one face. It helps to sell product and build loyalty when customers feel a relationship with the person.

I don't want to sound defensive, or be argumentative, but, yes, he really can do these things at the same time. When you are the founder of a business, it is your "baby" and you will move heaven and earth to be successful, especially if you love what you do.

Do I think Chaz is involved in formulating products? Absolutely. Do I think he manages the production facility? Absolutely not, I'm sure that's contracted out to a manufacturer who handles the entire production process, from plastics to labels to packaging. Is he sitting behind a desk, lining up a third party carrier to deliver the finished product to QVC's warehouse? Nope, don't believe he is. I believe he has a great team of people who help handle these things for him.

I believe that Chaz is as involved in his business as any owner could possibly be. You can see that he believes in his product and is passionate about what he does.......he's not just a pretty face.

Honored Contributor
On 9/18/2014 DoxieMomma said:
On 9/18/2014 Jacie said:

I don't want to sound defensive, or be argumentative, but, yes, he really can do these things at the same time. When you are the founder of a business, it is your "baby" and you will move heaven and earth to be successful, especially if you love what you do.

Do I think Chaz is involved in formulating products? Absolutely. Do I think he manages the production facility? Absolutely not, I'm sure that's contracted out to a manufacturer who handles the entire production process, from plastics to labels to packaging. Is he sitting behind a desk, lining up a third party carrier to deliver the finished product to QVC's warehouse? Nope, don't believe he is. I believe he has a great team of people who help handle these things for him.

I believe that Chaz is as involved in his business as any owner could possibly be. You can see that he believes in his product and is passionate about what he does.......he's not just a pretty face.

pas, we could ask the same thing about, say, Mally or even Laura Geller who still are working makeup artists yet also run successful businesses, appear on QVC and help to develop their products. I am sure there are many more examples of this too. Sounds tiring to me, lol, but I believe they are just super motivated, super energetic people that take an active part in growing their company and making sure it is growing in a way that follows their vision. If that makes sense?

Valued Contributor
On 9/17/2014 gazelle77 said:

WEN is just basically a gimmick. The idea of WEN is to throw away everything you are using as shampoo is so BAD.... and then buy expensive WEN. stock up... Buy GALLONS OF THE STUFF, wash your dogs with it..... it will change your life.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} People are desperate to have model hair....and will believe anything. The honest answer is.... There is nothing wrong with shampoo. NOTHING.

Can you use both WEN and NICK C. products? Of course you can. In fact you would come out ahead using Nicks products to get your scalp clean from all the WEN build up.

WEN is just ridiculously priced.... and a lot of hype. You can just go to the store and by Suave or Pantene and save a lot of money not buying either WEN or Nick Chavez. But if I had to choose between the two... I would go with Nick's products.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} OH PLEASE!!!!! What do you base your opinion on??? Ever tried WEN????

Respected Contributor
On 9/17/2014 gazelle77 said:

WEN is just basically a gimmick. The idea of WEN is to throw away everything you are using as shampoo is so BAD.... and then buy expensive WEN. stock up... Buy GALLONS OF THE STUFF, wash your dogs with it..... it will change your life.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky} People are desperate to have model hair....and will believe anything. The honest answer is.... There is nothing wrong with shampoo. NOTHING.

Can you use both WEN and NICK C. products? Of course you can. In fact you would come out ahead using Nicks products to get your scalp clean from all the WEN build up.

WEN is just ridiculously priced.... and a lot of hype. You can just go to the store and by Suave or Pantene and save a lot of money not buying either WEN or Nick Chavez. But if I had to choose between the two... I would go with Nick's products.

I find this post to be very insulting to the loyal Wen users. Have you ever used Wen? Maybe you should try it sometime. I have been using Wen since August, 2013 and my hair has never been in better condition. I will never use regular shampoo again and can't stand reading some of these posts from many uninformed posters on QVC that have never tried Wen. I just can't understand the hatred towards Wen or maybe it just jealousy.

Trusted Contributor
On 9/18/2014 Jacie said:

Hi

Not only is Chaz intimately involved firsthand in his product development, he has the ability to work on them in all his locations on site. Being a client, I am a test subject. There is no big huge staff behind him. :-)

bruingirl

live....laugh....love
Esteemed Contributor
On 9/18/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 9/18/2014 DoxieMomma said:
On 9/18/2014 Jacie said:

pas, we could ask the same thing about, say, Mally or even Laura Geller who still are working makeup artists yet also run successful businesses, appear on QVC and help to develop their products. I am sure there are many more examples of this too. Sounds tiring to me, lol, but I believe they are just super motivated, super energetic people that take an active part in growing their company and making sure it is growing in a way that follows their vision. If that makes sense?

Excellent point, HD!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor
On 9/18/2014 Jacie said:

Hi

Not only is Chaz intimately involved firsthand in his product development, he has the ability to work on them in all his locations on site. Being a client, I am a test subject. There is no big huge staff behind him. :-)

bruingirl

This ^^!! 'Nough said.