Respected Contributor

Re: WEN - June WEN Chat (2015)

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Under Preferences there is a tab for Avatars and you have the option there to upload a photo.  Mine still says waiting approval but since you all can see it, I assume it has been approved.

There is also a setting for how you want your posts to line up.  It's under Linear and you can choose newest or oldest.

I went under preferences, but it wouldn't let me browse or upload a photo?? I'll keep trying. Thanks

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

@Arianny wrote:

Where do I find preferences?  Thanks!

Click on the avatar or your name at the top, or look under Quick Links. Its a menu on the left side of the screen. It should say Edit My Preferences.

Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

@aprimo wrote:

Does anyone know how tags work? I wonder if we could tag all of our posts "WEN" and then somehow sort or search the Beauty forum by the tags? I'm going to try adding a tag to this post and see what happens.

OK, this might have some potential. On the main Beauty forum page, on the left side, scroll down and you will see "Top Tags". The WEN tag was listed there, I clicked on it and it brought up a list of topics with the "WEN" tag in them. I was able to bookmark that page. I'm still not quite sure how it is pulling up results. Anyone have thoughts on this as a possible solution to the lack of our own subforum?

Honored Contributor

Can you tell if you are using the "Full Site" version or the "Mobile" version?  I was just on my phone poking around and noticed the 2 different settings.

If you are on Mobile, it might be different and you may have limited options?

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Valued Contributor

Found it - thanks Hillary!

Contributor

Excellent idea to start each new topic with WEN, or other distinct identifier.  

The lack of sub-topics has me baffled.

Contributor

@Hilary77 wrote:

@Hilary77 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Does anyone know how to change it so that the most recent post is on top? I hate scrolling down for days to read the most recent post in a thread. I can't figure out how to do it.

HappyDaze, I just went to preferences and went under "general". It will let you change it there. I really hope this quote works!

If you want to quote, just hit "quote" and scroll down and type under the original message.

Thank you for the "quote" explanation.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Aprimo, great idea to tag all Wen discussion topics with "WEN". It makes them easier to find.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

I can only use the quote feature on my computer. Did anyone figure out how to use the quote feature on an IPad or phone?
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

This is going to be a wild ride!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.