Frequent Contributor

Re: WEN - How to dry hair naturally?

On 6/20/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

You could try just doing a partial blow dry, low heat, of just the root area.

I really should try this. I have a hair appt Saturday morning, but will try this on Sunday I think.

Super Contributor

Make sure you still blot your hair to soak up the excess water, I usually put my hair up in a towel for a few minutes (or microfiber towel now days since towels supposedly cause frizziness) and that helps soak up the excess water. I air dry every day because when I use a hair dryer my hair turns into a parched frizzy mess. I don't have the best hair days but better than if I used a hair dryer.

Frequent Contributor

@ginabfly..yeah I put my hair up in a towel while I do my make-up (~10-15min).

Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 sahmIam said:

Not an option for me unless I am staying home all day; it takes 8 hours plus to air dry.

I will say that once it's dry, I simply brush it out and it looks fantastic. But I can't touch it the entire time and like I said, it takes all day. I don't have time for that, lol.

I have this problem too. Last time I air dryed fully it took 6 hours. Even with diffuser (using low or med heat) it takes an hour.

Valued Contributor

You may want to try the micro fiber hair towels. I am amazed at how much excess water they pull out vs a regular towel. I also blow dry my hair upside down with cool air and I am dry in about 5 minutes. This gives me tremendous volume.

If heat and damage is what you are trying to avoid by air drying your hair naturally.... this could be a nice compromise.

Frequent Contributor

How is it possible for someone's hair to take 6-8 hours to dry? I'm guessing if your hair is processed or dyed, or if you live in a very cold climate. I have hair down to my chest, not dyed, and it only take 2 hours to dry.

A blow dryer has not touched my hair in over a year. The last time I did was when I got my hair cut in May 2013. I use a flat iron once every 2-3 months, if that.

What I do is comb my hair 2-3 times while it dries. I add POM serum after the third comb.I also don't wash my hair every day, otherwise, my hair would be too dry and frizzy. I use dry shampoo at my roots if they are oily.

Respected Contributor

I tried drying my hair with a fan and it worked well.

I had the mirror in front of me to keep an eye on things.

I used my fingers and sometimes a round brush.

Don't get too close to the fan and try it on a day you aren't leaving the house!

Technically it isn't airdrying but it is close because no heat is used.

Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 shrixer78 said:

@FLsunlover - I think this is me, too. I get soooo jealous of the people who can wash and go.

This is me, too. The top layers of my hair is more straight, but curly underneath. I just can't get the top layer to match the curl underneath. I also like the way my hair looks straight much better. So I guess it's round brushes for me.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Super Contributor

Since using WEN, my hair is curlier. I use an Aquuis microfiber towel and scrunch the curls, then I do a modified rake and shake (Ouidad's curl method). My styling products are numerous, spritzes of volumizing mist at roots then sc and sometimes 613 mousse, followed by a few pumps of glossing serum mixed with a few drops of oil, no leave in. Second day hair is always an issue, then I fuzz up. I will push my silicone comb into any tangled areas and work out the tangles very carefully.

Respected Contributor

On 6/20/2014 lilmoomoo said:

How is it possible for someone's hair to take 6-8 hours to dry? I'm guessing if your hair is processed or dyed, or if you live in a very cold climate. I have hair down to my chest, not dyed, and it only take 2 hours to dry.

A blow dryer has not touched my hair in over a year. The last time I did was when I got my hair cut in May 2013. I use a flat iron once every 2-3 months, if that.

What I do is comb my hair 2-3 times while it dries. I add POM serum after the third comb.I also don't wash my hair every day, otherwise, my hair would be too dry and frizzy. I use dry shampoo at my roots if they are oily.

Well, my hair isn't processed or dyed (damaged hair tends to dry faster FYI). It's quite healthy, but it is very thick along with being coarse and porous. It's down to past my shoulders (past bra strap when wet and pulled straight). I don't know what being in a cold climate would have to do with it, but outside of winter, I don't {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I'm always inside my temperature- and humidity-controlled house when I'm air drying in any case. Even when I've had short hair though it's taken hours to dry. Not quite as many hours as now that it's long, but still.