Honored Contributor

@Neen2  Welcome, I experienced not breakage, but hair loss with the WEN CC about 2 years ago. I used the Lavender and the Tee Tree choices at the time, I would be interested to know what you used. I just stopped using it and took Biotin supplement for a year and my hair filled in. That being said, I still use the WEN products just not those two choices and my hair is in great condition. I think there is something in the CC that I was allergic too. I don't believe it's clogged folicles, I add water to the CC and make sure my scalp is clean too. Your last rinse should be a cool water rinse to close the cuticle on the hair shaft, Chaz is not the only pro who says that. I agree too many people complained about hair loss and you don't settle for millions of dollars if you can prove other wise. 

Honored Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@PatriciaG wrote:

@Shanus  - off topic, too but I don't understand why anyone would be charged for a blowdry after a color/highlighting/perm procedure.  How do you know you are satisfied with the service and that there are no major issues without drying your hair?

@PatriciaGI agree, but many salons in my area do charge extra. They also don’t allow you to bring your dryer and do your own hair before leaving. So, in cold weather or if you’re going somewhere afterwards, you’re out of luck. Pay up.

n

@Shanus  most charge extra by me also. A I usually can't stand the way they blow dry/style  my hair so I undo it as soon as I can! They load it up with product (don't like the feeling of 'stuff' in my hair) and straighten my curly hair to a wave. Not my look at all!  So if a place does charge, I simply tell them 'no thank you'......Woman Frustrated

@Ibby114  If I’m out for a haircut, I have other things to do that day. I have my curls dried w/ a diffuser or under the heat light. I also spoke up when I started seeing this stylist and asked for no product. They use my sulfate free, silicone free s&c that she stores at her station. If I sit under the light, I balked at an extra charge and won, but it takes longer and sometimes frizzes. I’d rather sit a few minutes in my microfiber towel until some moisture removed and then have her use the diffuser. After seeing that women w/ hair to their middle of their backs were having their hair blown dry w/ a large brush that took forever, I asked why am I paying the same for a 5 minute “toss” with a short hair cut. She started charging me 1/2. Sometimes you just have to speak up. If she had refused, I may have looked for another salon. I’ve recommended many clients to her and think she wouldn’t want to lose a “cash cow”. 

Valued Contributor

@vermint - Just a note to say what a kind and gracious post you made to the OP.  Very, very rare on these boards whenever the subject of WEN is brought up in a way that doesn't claim it's the best thing since sliced bread. So appreciate people like you who can honor others' experiences whether or not you share those same experiences. Big kudos to you! 

Respected Contributor

@AspenGrove Why thank you...I'm blushing at your compliment!

Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99 wrote:

@Neen2  Welcome, I experienced not breakage, but hair loss with the WEN CC about 2 years ago. I used the Lavender and the Tee Tree choices at the time, I would be interested to know what you used. I just stopped using it and took Biotin supplement for a year and my hair filled in. That being said, I still use the WEN products just not those two choices and my hair is in great condition. I think there is something in the CC that I was allergic too. I don't believe it's clogged folicles, I add water to the CC and make sure my scalp is clean too. Your last rinse should be a cool water rinse to close the cuticle on the hair shaft, Chaz is not the only pro who says that. I agree too many people complained about hair loss and you don't settle for millions of dollars if you can prove other wise. 

@blackhole99 lavendar was pretty harsh on my hair- it was defintiely more of a deep cleaning.The scent was overwhelming too! Now I  use a  little  tea tree  in my hair when I shower --  no excessive # of pumps!  It's a good cleanser for my hair AND scalp since tea tree is a cleansing agent on it's own. Once or twice a week I  go with a traditional suflate free shampoo/conditioner.

Honored Contributor

I had a discussion recently with the woman who shampoos my hair at the salon about scrubbing my scalp vs scrubbing my hair when she does my hair (I bring my WEN with me and Red Door has no problem with it).

I haven't watched a Chaz demo in a very long time, but I recall early on him talking about washing and focusing on your scalp when using the product.  So I've always done that when I use it.

One time when I have having my skin check, my derm commented on how clean my scalp was.  Smiley Very Happy

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 That is the way I understand it.......clean/scrub the scalp.