Frequent Contributor

Isn’t that a lot cheaper than he usually offers them during the June special?

Esteemed Contributor

A reader might think this annual June sale price is too low for you.

Last month posters were complaining about the non-sale price being too high.

QVC sells at the price set by Qurate.

Other changes for this years Gallonpalooza:

There are more formulas (32!) to choose from in June than ever before, but then there won't be additional WEN formulas on sale in gallon size in fall.

Honored Contributor

@x HedgeWherer can we read about what controls prices on QVC, HSN, etc.?  

I remember some years ago meeting a jewelry vendor at a large arts and craft show.  She wanted to get her wares on to QVC (before Qurate's time) but she was having trouble getting enough money together so that she could contract with a manufacturer to produce her designs in the quantity she needed for QVC.  Appatently she never did because I never saw her on the air.

That discussion makes me think Chaz or any othe rvendor (except maybe those owned by QVC) has some say in the prices depending upon their own negotiations with their manufacturers and the profit they want/beed.

Just curiosity on my part because I've never seen this discussed in the financial news.

Honored Contributor

Re: WEN Gallons $150.00

[ Edited ]

yes, it's a big price drop. Especially for the seasonal gallon which is normally 210 in June IIRC. It's hard to remember all the different prices on the various gallons. It's not nearly as good on a price per oz basis as the set of 3 32oz CC sets are. Those are basically 79 dollars when they offer them. That breaks down to 26 dollars per 32oz bottle or 104 a gallon. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Not in my wildest dreams, or nightmares, would I ever spend $150 for a gallon of something just to clean my hair.  Oh my goodness. 

But don’t worry, there are other things that I WOULD spend $150 on that others wouldn’t. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops ,  Oh, I wish I could peek behind a few of their curtains. I can't point to the "put it in print" you want, but as an example:

Last month they offered a duo of WEN treatment oil and when Chaz expressed surprise at the price, (sort of a laughing, "dont remember that/when did I agree to that" comment), the host remarked that he must have OK'd it.

There have occasionally been other moments like that with WEN, and with other manufacturers who seem genuinely surprised for a few moments, (as opposed to vendors 'acting' to play up a good price.)

Which makes me think this is all negotiated by lawyers, and the supplier and their business advisors are presented with an agreement summary to sign.

Yep, any vendor could say "no", but I don't think Q would hesitate to make a vendor less visable to shoppers as leverage to get a signature.

And, not to go political here, the seller still determines the selling price. When I buy from QVC, they have set the price.  

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Not in my wildest dreams, or nightmares, would I ever spend $150 for a gallon of something just to clean my hair.  Oh my goodness. 

But don’t worry, there are other things that I WOULD spend $150 on that others wouldn’t. 

Nor would I put 20 to 30 pumps of anything on my hair.  

Honored Contributor

I am with @MarkeieMark .   I would not spend $150 on hair treatment or whatever it is called.  Different strokes for different folks.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

And, that is why I am thankful there are so many choices available to us. Not every product is for everyone.