Contributor

Thank you everyone for trying to help! Smiley Very Happy I appreciate it! Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

try not using wen for a while and if your hair grows back then you know what it was

Contributor

How awful for you. I think it's really scary, too. It could be some weird autoimmune thing, or a (so-far) unknown allergy. Maybe even food allergy? Have you had your thyroid checked?

This is interesting: (from Today Health)

A single hair follicle grows its hair strand over a period of four to six years (the anagen phase). It then rests for two to four months (the telogen phase), after which it loses the “old” hair as a new hair shaft grows and pushes out its predecessor. When the new hair grows in, it does so at a rate of approximately half an inch per month. At any time, 10 percent of your hair is in the telogen phase and 90 percent is in the anagen phase.

What causes a change in this hair loss/ hair growth process?
If lots of hair begins to fall out throughout the scalp, it’s obviously due to a change in the normal hair cycle: either a short anagen phase or an increase in the number of follicles that enter the telogen phase. When the majority of hair follicles “go telogen” it’s called telogen effluvium or stress alopecia. A shock to the body’s system, which stresses the hair follicles, is often to blame for this change in cyclical hair events. Two to three months after the stressor hits, up to 70 percent of hairs can enter the telogen phase and commence a massive “fall out”. There are a number of shocks that are known to cause this. They include:

• A sudden hormone change (usually a drop in hormone levels)
  • After the birth of a baby ( delivery of the placenta causes the levels of pregnancy hormones to plummet)
  • Discontinuing birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy
  • High fever
  • Acute trauma (surgery, physical injury or psychological trauma)
  • Severe dieting ( inadequate protein and iron intake)
  • Underactive or overactive thyroid
  • Diseases such as diabetes and lupus
  • Chemotherapy
  • Medications: These include retinoids, blood pressure medication, anti-depressants, certain birth control pills and even NSAID’s (including Ibuprofen)
  • Burns or radiation therapy

Note with stress alopecia, the loss over the scalp is general, not patchy and hair loss on other parts of the body can also occur. You and your doctor may be able to ascertain if your hair loss falls in the category of stress alopecia by simply running your fingers through your hair and seeing if the many hairs that are shed have clubbed shafts.

Are there other tests that should be done to diagnose telogen effluvium?
Your doctor may want to check your iron and thyroid levels, but in most cases, your history is the most important factor for diagnosis.

Not applicable

There are a few Law Firms that are taking on the case. I also experience hair loss from Wen I am in the process of taking on a lawyer (I'm interviewing 3 lawyers for my case). All three lawyers have over a hundred cases of people that have lost hair because of WEN.

Super Contributor

I had hair loss with Wen too. I stopped and my hair grew back. I tried Wen again, same thing. I stopped and won't ever use it again.

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2015 misswashingtonus said:

There are a few Law Firms that are taking on the case. I also experience hair loss from Wen I am in the process of taking on a lawyer (I'm interviewing 3 lawyers for my case). All three lawyers have over a hundred cases of people that have lost hair because of WEN.

Wow. You are obviously high-powered and very impressive.

I don't like Cheetos. I was thinking about interviewing some attorneys to sue them because the package irritates my eyes when I go to the supermarket. Can you give me some advice ?

Thanks!

Valued Contributor
On 3/6/2015 Wen Woman said:

I don't like Cheetos. I was thinking about interviewing some attorneys to sue them because the package irritates my eyes when I go to the supermarket. Can you give me some advice ?

Thanks!

Oh, and while I am asking you for advice, can you point me in the direction of a good message board to post about my dislike of Cheetohs and their packaging? Maybe a Cheetoh lover website or something. I know you will be able to help!

Honored Contributor
On 3/6/2015 BornAgain said:

I had hair loss with Wen too. I stopped and my hair grew back. I tried Wen again, same thing. I stopped and won't ever use it again.

why would you ever try something again that made you lose hair and when you stopped using it, it grew back? That makes no sense to me.

Regular Contributor

Thanks!

Oh, and while I am asking you for advice, can you point me in the direction of a good message board to post about my dislike of Cheetohs and their packaging? Maybe a Cheetoh lover website or something. I know you will be able to help!

I dislike Cheetos also. They stain my fingers and I find the orange staining difficult to wash off. Perhaps we should start an entire thread about Cheetos, the eye sore packaging, and the fact that they will stain your fingers.

Regular Contributor

Try 3000-5000 mcg of BIOTIN

This helped a lot of my friends. I used WEN and thought the same thing .... Menthol could be the culprit but there's "no proof." My hair is fine, and WEN did not help create voluminous hair .... for me, WEN or a lot of cream rinse would always create "more noticeable hair loss in the sink," but it's normal everyday loss.