Trusted Contributor
On 2/26/2015 TuesdayTaylor said:

Yep, I'm sure once you stop using WEN your 10 bald spots will immediately grow back in and you won't need to get injections anymore. Pity the person sticking needles in your scalp didn't tell you that conditioner could be making random bald patches on your head. Oh well, once you stop the WEN you won't have the problem anymore so it's all good.

Well, Don't you sound like the voice of reason?

This is a sincere post...No need to get sarcastic.

Trusted Contributor
I started loosing my hair months ago. I had quarter size bald spots. I went from thick healthy hair to dull and lost at least 1/3 of my hair. Went to the Drs. And I have Alopecia Areta. I immediately purchased Wen. It so just so happens my Dermotologist had been using Wen for years. Her hair was gorgeous. Now, I used Wen years ago when it first came out. But the kind at the time I was using was drying my scalp. But I did like the results. But I did stop using it. Since then he has come out with so many I ended up purchasing Tea Tree. My hair is now healthier and shinier and is growing back. I have tons of whispy looking new growth all along my hair line. Where my hair part is all new hairs are coming in. They are kind of sticking up, but who cares, it's growing back. The hair loss is minimal now, compared to tons of strands coming out in the shower and through out the day before I started using Tea Tree. I do agree though, some people may have a different reaction than others. But for me Wen saved my hair and it was recommended by my. I think if you think Wen is causing your bald stops, stop using it and see if your hair improves.
Regular Contributor
I think because there is no sulphates in the shampoo the scalp is not getting clean as it should. I tried Wen and it did not work for me ( I used maybe 5 times or so). But I have heard WEN causing hair loss from several people. I would personally use Wen with caution as well as any shampoo or conditioner claiming to have keratin in it.
Respected Contributor
It's possible for anyone to have a reaction to a product. I'd hope that the op's doctor discussed all this with her first. I have been using Wen for several years and my scalp and hair are very clean and very healthy. It's a fallacy to think you need detergents to clean your hair. For centuries, women and men only used water to clean their hair and they used to bathe only rarely - like once a year. That's where the June wedding tradition started because that was the month when baths were taken. Lol. I'm sure if the idea that you need detergents to clean your hair or it will fall out were true, then all our ancestors would have been hairless. Lol.
Valued Contributor

I don't care what product(s) I was using....if I noticed unusual hair loss or bald spots, I would stop using it immediately and switch to a product that I had successfully used previously. Then I would visit a dermatologist.

OP, I am sorry for your bald spots, hope your doctor can find your problem.

Esteemed Contributor
Why hasn't the OP returned to answer one basic question? ""What does her doctor say is the reason for her having bald spots?"" Surely if she is having something injected into her scalp it must be under a MD's supervision so what does the doctor say is the cause.
Trusted Contributor
I used wen for over one year. My hair was constantly falling out. I quit using Wen and no more hair loss. Will never use again.
Contributor
On 2/26/2015 islandgrrl said:

What does your doctor think? I assume you guys discussed your hair care routine before beginning something as serious as scalp injections. That sounds pretty painful by the way. Do you mind me asking what is in the injection?

And to answer your question, I've used WEN for many years and my hair is pretty thick (no bald spots).

3 different meds in the injections. It's not as bad as it sounds but it isn't pleasant, yes we discussed my hair care routine prior and he actually asked me if I have switched recently. Which I have been using WEN for some time now but the different scents. Then I was told about the others losing their hair Smiley Sad

Contributor
On 2/27/2015 Dawnie said: I used wen for over one year. My hair was constantly falling out. I quit using Wen and no more hair loss. Will never use again.

Sad... I called QVC and they will not reimburse me if I send all that I have back. I def stop using it just to be certain that it is not the wEN. Thanks ladies for being so nice Smiley Happy

Contributor
On 2/27/2015 KathyPet said: Why hasn't the OP returned to answer one basic question? ""What does her doctor say is the reason for her having bald spots?"" Surely if she is having something injected into her scalp it must be under a MD's supervision so what does the doctor say is the cause.

so far he isn't certain when it causing it. I go to school and work so I am not on here alot. I stopped using the WEN for now so we will see.