Contributor

Thank you ladies for posting, I know I saw the picture of the girl that is suing and she had a major bald spot in her hair. I know for sure that my hair was thinning and my scalp started showing where it had not before. I agree that is must work for some but not others. I have very fine and thin hair and cannot afford to lose any hair. The ladies with thick hair probably do not mind a little hair loss. I do not know if it the over stimulation since the Wen has no lather or something else. I just know that I will not use it again. I thought it was just getting older but it was a little too much for that I think.

Valued Contributor

This is a HEATED debate among people. Some people get very offended and take this very personally (believe me).

I, too had to limit my use of WEN due to hair loss. I LOVE WEN and hated to stop using it, so I just use it occasionally now. I was almost bald on the top of my head by my bangs. I talked to my hair stylist and she had other clients with the same issue.

Yes, I went to my Dr. Yes, I had blood tests done. After I stopped using WEN everyday, I started to get some hair back.

I do believe this is an individual situation and it does not apply to everyone.

(ok...I'm ready for the beat down I'm going to get.......) {#emotions_dlg.bored}

Contributor

I do not understand why people get so offended by this. Please inform me, it is just a product. I love it also but cannot use it anymore. WHAT IS THE DEAL?????

Valued Contributor

Oh my....I wrote a post a while ago about this same thing and you would have thought I said something about pope! WOW!! Some people actually got angry and lit into me!!! Basically called me a liar. Whatever. Like I said. It's different with each person.

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 kat7 said:

Thank you ladies for posting, I know I saw the picture of the girl that is suing and she had a major bald spot in her hair. I know for sure that my hair was thinning and my scalp started showing where it had not before. I agree that is must work for some but not others. I have very fine and thin hair and cannot afford to lose any hair. The ladies with thick hair probably do not mind a little hair loss. I do not know if it the over stimulation since the Wen has no lather or something else. I just know that I will not use it again. I thought it was just getting older but it was a little too much for that I think.

kat7, Just curious, please share with us where you saw this picture {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

If you get push back from this post it is very likely because every time Chaz visits the Q this this topic is bashed to death by Wenners (which I am) and non users. (shrug) Wink

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

I would be happy to if someone can tell me how to do it, lol. It is on facebook.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/14/2015 Ms X said:

Wen DOES NOT cause hair loss.

YES IT DOES!!!! I had a problem with hair loss from it and so did my cousin. I didn't even know that she was using it. She kept complaining that her hair had gotten very thin and was considering hair extensions. About 10 months later I met her for lunch and her hair looked beautiful so I told her how great it looked and that it didn't look thin at all. She then went on to tell me that she was using WEN and had realized that it was the WEN. She stopped using it and the hair loss stopped. This is exactly what happened to me. I started and stopped several times with a few months in between when I didn't use it. I know for a fact that it was WEN that did for me too. Not everyone can use it.

Honored Contributor

I've been using Wen for close to three years, no hair loss.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Regular Contributor

Here we go again.

Contributor

LOL, I find it absolutely that some women think that what they use would never be bad for someone else. Not everyone can wear the same perfume, etc..... Why in the world does someone get so offended or upset over a SHAMPOO or WEN. It is a product ladies not life or death. Just because I like something does not mean that some of you will. Or just because it makes your hair beautiful, it makes my hair fall out, CHILL OUT. You nor I are experts, I actually think some of you think I am lying about the story I was telling about one of my friends has a friend that is suing Wen because of hair loss. I would post it but do not know how.....I like Wen and wish I could use it but I cant