Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 kat7 said:

Google the girl's name, Amy Friedman and Wen. It is all over the internet. It says that nothing is proven that Wen makes some lose their hair. But to me, their are too many people that it has happened to.

She has the burden of proof and correlation does not imply or prove causation. She needs more then conjecture to prove it caused her hair loss. It will go nowhere.

With that said, I do believe WEN, just like any other hair product, may cause hair loss in some. That is a fact of life with any product- not all products work for everyone.

Honored Contributor

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/wenhair.asp

As with any popular consumer product, similar complaints about WEN hair care products are rife on the Internet. What the circulating rumors lack, however, is a cited culprit in the form of an ingredient or other factor differentiating WEN brand hair care products from others that could cause users of that line of hair care products (and only that line of hair care products) to lose significant amounts of their hair.

The rumors also lacked details about whether the claimant(s) believed WEN hair care products caused hair to fall out at the root or were rather somehow damaging and breaking hair, leading to a thinner follicular appearance — without a consistent set of incidents, it would be difficult to even define the manner in which WEN's products could be responsible for hair loss. In women, hair thinning and loss can occur for a variety of reasons, not uncommonly due to excessive use of heat styling tools or hormonal fluctuations (such as those that occur in the post-partum period).

So while it's true a class action lawsuit against WEN brand hair care products was filed in July 2014 in California, no substantive evidence has been produced demonstrating its line of products is any more damaging than any other similar product. Moreover, the manner in which WEN hair care products purportedly cause the damage in question has not been explained.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor
Sometimes I wonder why people start such threads as this and oh yeah the one on Logo - have nothing better to do than be snarky ? What miserable lives they must have - as Taylor says - haters gonna hate - shake it off Namaste
#IamTeamWen
Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 happywenner said: Sometimes I wonder why people start such threads as this and oh yeah the one on Logo - have nothing better to do than be snarky ? What miserable lives they must have - as Taylor says - haters gonna hate - shake it off Namaste

I know your statement was rhetorical but I really do think you know.

Honored Contributor
On 2/14/2015 suzyQ3 said:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/business/wenhair.asp

As with any popular consumer product, similar complaints about WEN hair care products are rife on the Internet. What the circulating rumors lack, however, is a cited culprit in the form of an ingredient or other factor differentiating WEN brand hair care products from others that could cause users of that line of hair care products (and only that line of hair care products) to lose significant amounts of their hair.

The rumors also lacked details about whether the claimant(s) believed WEN hair care products caused hair to fall out at the root or were rather somehow damaging and breaking hair, leading to a thinner follicular appearance — without a consistent set of incidents, it would be difficult to even define the manner in which WEN's products could be responsible for hair loss. In women, hair thinning and loss can occur for a variety of reasons, not uncommonly due to excessive use of heat styling tools or hormonal fluctuations (such as those that occur in the post-partum period).

So while it's true a class action lawsuit against WEN brand hair care products was filed in July 2014 in California, no substantive evidence has been produced demonstrating its line of products is any more damaging than any other similar product. Moreover, the manner in which WEN hair care products purportedly cause the damage in question has not been explained.

Thanks SuzyQ! exactly my point.

Trusted Contributor
I heart happywenner Smiley Happy
live....laugh....love
Honored Contributor

I've been using WEN for years and always have noticed hair in the drain, I stopped using it exclusively and it stopped. I do think there are more people than not that experience this side effect from WEN. Just because it's a natural product does not mean it can not be harmful to some. I still use WEN, but only a few times a month and when I finish the product I won't buy it again.

Super Contributor
Ok I know this will be poofed but kcladyz - not a hater just a realist & when you follow me like a stalker I have to laugh & think some people are just unbalanced - as I have posted before about you - grow up
#IamTeamWen
Super Contributor
On 2/14/2015 bruingirl said: I heart happywenner Smiley Happy
Mwah - feelings mutual
#IamTeamWen
Super Contributor
For future reference I have no problem with posters telling their results, good or bad or expressing their feelings/ opinions on products but there are ways to share without attacking others , designers or hosts. As momma always said , it's not what you said but how you said it !
#IamTeamWen