Super Contributor
YES WEN DOES cause hairless! I have seen it with my own hair and I thought it was age also. Near the temples much less hair.. Wen should be taken off the market! This is my experience. Sorry people who love Chaz but the facts are the facts.
Trusted Contributor
Telogen effluvium.
☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Valued Contributor
I can only offer my limited 2week WEN experience.

1. Prior to using WEN, my hair was dry, straw like, and starting to thin
2. I was using very expensive sulfate-free salon shampoos, and each time my hands were COVERED in hair when I showered
3. Under my Drs care, I had no medical issues to explain this...no thyroid or hormone imbalances

So, I decided to try WEN. I had nothing to lose.

After just a couple of days over 2 weeks, my hair has significantly improved. It is:
Thicker, softer, shinier, AND I do NOT have my hands covered in hair each time I'm in the shower.

I can report back in a month if you so desire!
Contributor

WEN Greatly improved my hair. I do lose a lot of hair in the cleansing process but I do not lose more hair overall then I normally would. I have used WEN exclusively for almost 5 years and I am 60 years old. I began using WEN because after menopause the texture condition and fullness of my hair changed. I have tried all of them but always come back to Tea Tree and Sweet Almond Mint in the past year or so I have begun adding in 613 to the second cleanse and use the 613 styling producrts and do a remoist or oil treatment tea tree or sweet almond mint. every month My hair is a bit longer than mid-length and cut in long layers and professionally colored with Wella Colortouch every 4 to 6 weeks. I set my hair on 2" hot rollers every morning. My hair is cleansed only once a week, twice at the most and yes I have a shokingly large wad of shed hair at the end. I do not think it is more than I would shed in the 4 or 5 shampoos I would normally do in a week. I have noticed that tI do not pick up as much hair with the vaccum> I believe the actio of cleansing with WEN removes hair that is ready to shed anyway. The texture of my hair has been restored i.e each strand is thicker and smoother it looks thicker and more youthful overall. It sometimes feels like I have less hair simply because the surface is so smooth and sleek.

I really am having a hard time believing this banter.

Personally let me tell you what wen has done for me!!!it has been a totally great experience for me. I have been a user for two years plus years.pity

After two surgeries.chemo and radiation. My hair was frizzy,thinning. ..and looked fried.
I again started immediately using wen,and it made my hair soft manageable.....however,I had to figure the correct balance of for.my hair,I do not use every day,or use the recommended amount. I use less. For me it works. I now am able,to wear my hair in a longer style. When my hairdresser said she saw new growth that was enough for me.

I sure hate to see it getting bad press when for many it works.

Honored Contributor

interesting very first post choice... pulling up an archived thread.

Trusted Contributor

I found the fabulous references for Bebe7777 by accident.  I didn't want to start a new thread if there already was one.  So the search box led me to all kinds of wonderful discussions.  Reading through 41 pages of the most interesting and informative discussions ( from the past as I learned later) I found a link in bold blue lettering. What a find !

.why does this "annoy" so many people ?  There's been no malice in my heart when I've committed this faux pas and I really don't understand the reactions.  

.BTW the board's set up doesn't reveal subcategories and I missed the WEN abbreviation translation table .  I found this one and the WEN101  only because I pulled up an old thread.  Love them ! Hope there are more like them for other products.

Respected Contributor

Someone hearted my comment that I made oh so long ago. LOL!

For the record, I am using my remaining wen. Not always..but sometimes. I have fallen out of love with WEN. My husband says it no longer does what it once did. He himself doesn't use the Kids' strawberry banana that he loved at one point.

Is WEN a craze? Is it still gaining in popularity? I don't know.

Bye Chaz!

Contributor

I noticed a lot of hair loss with WEN too.  I've been using it a few years and have loved it--it made my thick hair more soft and bendy for styling.  But I was losing lots of hair.  Not as much as two weeks after my first chemo, but pretty alarming nonetheless.  I'd stick it on the shower wall to keep from plugging up my drain, then wipe it off with some kleenex and pitch it in the trash.  I had my hair appt last Friday and my stylist noticed my hair was a lot thinner, no bald spots but nowhere near the volume I used to have.  My nutrition and blood tests are great.  I quit using WEN in my hair and will use the remaining product as a body wash this winter when my skin gets dry, most likely.  I have lots of product left and am still paying for my last gallon.  I'm not going to sue but I'm not going to buy any more.  Again, I loved WEN before my hair started falling out at the root.  I'm taking biotin and using a repairing, healing shampoo recommended for me by my excellent stylist.

Not trying to make anyone angry.  If it works for you, great!

Respected Contributor
@KY_Liz what repair shampoo are you using?