Frequent Contributor

Re: WEBSITE CRASHED ON EASY PAY DAY

On 6/10/2014 scarlett811 said:

Well Amazon's site doesn't crash on Christmas So no we shouldn't expect it on easy does it day

Yes you're exactly right scarlett811....my son in law has said for years ( my daughter shops QVC also) that this website is ancient in terms of technology and what they COULD do. Amazon doesn't crash on black Friday or with special holiday lightening deals and believe me when they have TV's on special low prices there are thousands of people trying to get one in the 2 minute or so time frame and I've never experienced a crash to their site. I love QVC too but because of website issues and more importantly the shipping time and issues with getting refunds back in a timely manner I do shop way more with amazon. Many times amazon is cheaper too. QVC has the EZPay and for me that can be a tremendous help but more often than not I'm with amazon now. With all the new hosts QVC has hired maybe its time they hire a few more techies!! Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I tried to order online, but couldn't. Decided against trying to order by phone, so they lost my sale. Not a huge loss - was only going to order makeup and Purity, but that might have been something I would reorder in the future.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I agree! I was babysitting my grandkids and only had my phone with the QVC app and tried several times to order without any success! When I got home I tried from my computer and had the same result - very frustrating!!

Respected Contributor

It took me almost a half hour to get to the site to order the only thing I really wanted. That was about 10:30 last night. Just kept getting the ""Sorry....We're too Busy. It was the same thing last year. I assumed that they would have upgraded by now. NOT.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Esteemed Contributor

I had some trouble as well, but managed to get my order to go through.

I refuse to order on the phone and give up MrRebates.

You know, at the very top right of the page, there is a Feedback button. Maybe we could see if we can crash them with Feedback about upgrading their servers?{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

Yes, the phones and web site went down. I find it ridiculous that a billion dollar company like QVC doesn't prepare for such a big SALE day with extra help! Ridiculous!

Respected Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

OMG ..... What do you expect on an Easy Does It Day? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

I seriously doubt ANY website is built to accomodate an infinite number of users at any given moment. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

The majority of e-commerce website are built to accommodate predicted maximum user load with room to spare. QVC has been having these web-site crashes for years on every major event, so it's not like they don't know the shopper volume involved. They are either penny wise pound foolish, refusing to spend the appropriate funds to acquire not just the necessary hosting infrastructure but also IT management and web development, or TPTB just don't care because people are willing to shrug and say it couldn't be helped.

Respected Contributor

Yes, happened to everyone. I placed orders that didn't even show up until today! Forget calling CS since you couldn't get through to them either. Disaster! If QVC were smart, they would have extended the offer through today!

Occasional Contributor

Call them today! I just called CS and told them I tried to order last night but site was down (which I truly did) and they honored the 5 easy pay. Make sure to ask to speak to a CS representative as the main rep did not know about his.

Honored Contributor

On 6/10/2014 Jschrot said:

Call them today! I just called CS and told them I tried to order last night but site was down (which I truly did) and they honored the 5 easy pay. Make sure to ask to speak to a CS representative as the main rep did not know about his.

Yep, I did this earlier and got ezpay.