Honored Contributor

Any discussion of grey hair usually ends up in a heated argument. Your choice to skip the thread.

I was on YouTube and found a great “tuber (?)” to follow...Nikol Johnson. She’s a makeup artist, stylist, model & gorgeous and has grey hair. She has videos re: changing/adjusting makeup, transitioning to grey, best hair products for grey hair, etc. There’s also general info about clothing colors that’ll look best. 

If you are a Silver Fox, or thinking about it, please check it out. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  I don't have enough grey hair yet to even consider becoming a "silver fox" so I'll continue to color my hair blonde as I always have.  I do think that grey hair (done right) looks pretty on some women, and I can certainly understand anyone becoming weary of the coloring process.  (I color my own roots every 4 weeks.)

Since I'm still all brown in the back with only some salt and pepper around my face, I doubt I will ever be totally silver, and I don't like the natural "2-tone" look, so I guess I'll have to keep this up until I can no longer hold my arms up long enough to do the job (I refuse to pay the high cost of a professional doing it).  Cat LOL

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting. I’m transitioning to whatever color it’s called. Gray, white, silver. 

My stylist is helping me.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus    Thank you! Smiley Happy   I am a 5 year silver fox.... and always looking for good hair products that keep my hair white and do not yellow it. 

Honored Contributor

My family didn't turn gray until well into their 90's.........so I will refrain from joining the "discussion"..........(!!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

i've been salt and pepper for years.....i'm 68 and now more salt!!  have never colored my hair...wear it short and layered....have always been happy with it.....

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

Thanks for posting. I’m transitioning to whatever color it’s called. Gray, white, silver. 

My stylist is helping me.

@OKPrincess  I did mine by a stylist’s intervention. She “pulled” all the dark brown dye out of hair until the palest yellow color and then put on a white/silver toner to match my roots....been naturally white since age 30 and coloring for 38 yrs. every 3 wks. at that point. It’s so freeing to schedule a haircut and not panic if appt. for root touch up is not available. 

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

My family didn't turn gray until well into their 90's.........so I will refrain from joining the "discussion"..........(!!)

I'm 64 and have 99% dark brown hair.  Only an occasinal gray.  The only color that I've been adding is to add some highlights a few times a year to brighten it up a bit around my face.

Super Contributor

I lost the battle of the grey many years ago. I decided the best way to handle it was to just embrace it. I use Morrocan Infusion Shine Shampoo. Everyone tells me I have beautiful hair. My hair turned white. I know some women have a yellowish tint or a true grey. I love my grey hair. I earned every strand of it.

Valued Contributor

@Shanus

Thanks so much i discovered Nikol's channel about 3 months ago .I let my hair go silver a few years ago its mostly on my crown and sides She also has great tips for women over 40 I also joined her Beauty Reinvented facebook page. She is beautiful and talks about many topics for women over 40 not necessarily for silver hair only. Thanks again its always great to find women supporting women channels and blogs