Trusted Contributor

Re: W0W ! Philosophy prices are crazy!

@Rachb wrote:

I've been a long time Phil user. I'm not into all the fruity/novelty/holiday scents. I stick with Pure Grace, Amazing Grace and occasionally Fresh Cream and Lemon Custard. During one of Bath and Body Works' buy 3, get 3 I stocked up and figured I'd give it a try since it's cheaper.  And it's cheaper in all ways. I didn't even finish one shower gel or lotion. There is a difference. Quality and scent are inferior. The shower gel was drying. The body cream in the tube wouldn't last a whole day on me leaving me dry by 2pm. Phil's Whipped body cream leaves my alligator skin (I'm always dehydrated, don't drink enough) soft and supple. I can put it on in the morning and I smell it all day. It makes me feel pretty and feminine. If I forget to apply it the following morning after I shower, I may not still smell it but my skin still feels soft.  So I've got plenty of empty containers of Phil and 6 mostly unused containers of B&BW. Phil is more expensive but for me it's a better value. If I buy a set, I save a little money and I can layer for a soft scent that people can smell on me all day.  I also stock up on Phil's website when they offer 20% or 30% off or on Black Friday. 

Rachb, that's been my experience too.  I was fed up with Purity and other products and was bound and determined to find a substitute.  Many Amazon orders later, I gave away all the Dove and Nivea and Olay and Neutrogena and Naturals ..... and Perlier and Korres and.....   Some of Philosophy's products have changed since the sell out, the emphasis has definitely changed to favor the flavored shower  gels instead of their stellar skin care but Philosophy's products are, IMHO, superior to anything else I have found.  You get volume and quality at affordable prices pound per pound and where are you going to find Gingerbread Man or Fresh Cream?

It's sort of like D&B handbags and Uggs Australia . Sometimes You really/only get what you pay for.