Contributor

W0W ! Philosophy prices are crazy!

What is going on with Philosophy prices?? $160.00 for a 4 piece set!!  Come on people, ridiculous !  And the scent does not last anymore the way it used to..

Valued Contributor

Re: W0W ! Philosophy prices are crazy!

I remember getting a large bath soap and lotion both the huge bottles, a large jar of cream and a large spray, like 3.4 oz about two years ago, for something like 99.00

, they are crazy now.

Trusted Contributor

Check TJMaxx for some good prices on Philosophy.

Trusted Contributor

I have never understood the value of Philosophy. The ingredients are nothing special and the scents are all artificial. There are much better quality soaps out there for a lot less money.

Valued Contributor

Very true, I love buying all the handmade organic soaps on ETSY, the smell and feel    wonderful, world of difference.

Contributor

Yes,  I have seen it at TJ Max much cheaper. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pas4116 wrote:

I have never understood the value of Philosophy. The ingredients are nothing special and the scents are all artificial. There are much better quality soaps out there for a lot less money.

ITA, all chemicals at a high price.

Found some great goats milk soaps with real ingredients and oils from Zum. Last for months and no chemicals.

Respected Contributor

ITA! I use products from this line...nice!

Stress Less Body Wash

Valued Contributor

I've never used philosophy so I can't judge it, but the prices do seem ridiculous for essentially soap.  How is it different from Bath and Body Works?

Respected Contributor

I've been a long time Phil user. I'm not into all the fruity/novelty/holiday scents. I stick with Pure Grace, Amazing Grace and occasionally Fresh Cream and Lemon Custard. During one of Bath and Body Works' buy 3, get 3 I stocked up and figured I'd give it a try since it's cheaper.  And it's cheaper in all ways. I didn't even finish one shower gel or lotion. There is a difference. Quality and scent are inferior. The shower gel was drying. The body cream in the tube wouldn't last a whole day on me leaving me dry by 2pm. Phil's Whipped body cream leaves my alligator skin (I'm always dehydrated, don't drink enough) soft and supple. I can put it on in the morning and I smell it all day. It makes me feel pretty and feminine. If I forget to apply it the following morning after I shower, I may not still smell it but my skin still feels soft.  So I've got plenty of empty containers of Phil and 6 mostly unused containers of B&BW. Phil is more expensive but for me it's a better value. If I buy a set, I save a little money and I can layer for a soft scent that people can smell on me all day.  I also stock up on Phil's website when they offer 20% or 30% off or on Black Friday.