Valued Contributor

Volumizing Treatment Mist...Is it drying?

I have used WEN for about 5 years now and love, love, love the results. I decided to get the TSV in BGT. I just realized that it comes with the VTM. I thought it was the RTM. I have read that some people find the VTM to be drying.

I would love some thoughts on this from people who use it. I have very thick but fine hair. It is shoulder length and has a natural curve, wave. I use Pom CC and most of the seasonals.

TIA

Respected Contributor

Re: Volumizing Treatment Mist...Is it drying?

It can be but not bad. I use it ever time I cleanse. I just put on the mid shaft and none on the ends.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Honored Contributor

I do not find it drying and use it everyday, I have very short fine thin hair.
Respected Contributor

Great thread! I have been wondering the same thing. I only use the VTS as a hair spray. I have never noticed any drying, but I only use it occasionally.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Trusted Contributor

It can be drying for me, but only if I use too much. This stuff is potent, so start off with less than you think you'll need, then adjust from there. I really like it, and use it all of the time.

Respected Contributor

On 8/30/2014 DoxieMomma said:

It can be drying for me, but only if I use too much. This stuff is potent, so start off with less than you think you'll need, then adjust from there. I really like it, and use it all of the time.

Excellent tip. In the beginning with it, Chaz was saying to us over and over, "If you use too much, you will not be happy."
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Contributor

i agree- great thread.

I am about 4 years wenning and have never tried VTM. I am a moisture girl. Smiley Happy

Now that my hair is soooo much better, I am ready to try VTM and appreciate the tips. Keep em coming! Smiley Happy

R

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. Does anyone use it by mixing it in with the SC?

Trusted Contributor

On 8/30/2014 RJL-DLL 75 said:

Thank you all for your replies. Does anyone use it by mixing it in with the SC?

I do. I add five or six spritzes to my SC and apply to wet hair, just like he demos. Then, I spray about the same about into the palm of my hand, rub my hands together and use my fingertips to apply directly to my roots (bending over at the waist to do this). Mixing with the SC gives me all over volume and applying to the roots gives the perfect amount of lift there.

Contributor

I just tried it for the first time. Unfortunately, I think I used too much. I did about four sprays on my roots, and two on the length of my hair. After blow drying, I don't notice any extra lift at my roots, and it feels weird, like there's too much product. I hope I have better results next time. The ends feel fine, so I just think four sprays at the roots was too much.